Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I've Been MONKEY'ING Around!

Remember I told you yesterday that the mailman delivered a fun package to me Monday? Well, that package was from none-other than BEATE (Fresh & Fun)! Yep, this girl sent me an amazing birthday package filled with unbelievable May Arts ribbon that's to-die-for, AND some Changito monkey images! Woo-hoo! Now, I must say, I've seen these guys around, and I thought they were cute, but I wasn't like "I NEED THESE STAMPS"! After playing with them for a little while I now have to have them! Yesterday, I finished up my second monkey card, so today, you get to see TWO monkey cards!

I don't know about you, but these little guys inspire me to go ALL OUT! I just didn't feel right putting these fellas on the front of the card with no fun props! That's why I went so far as to give one of them a vine to swing from!!!!!! Yep, you heard me. A vine. What's a monkey without a vine? AND.....what's a monkey without a BANANA? A VERY HUNGRY MONKEY!!! So I did what was necessary to make my monkey's happy. That's me. Always trying to make sure everyone's happy. And I'm happy after having played with these guys! Looks like they made the list of "stamps I must have"!

To make my monkey vine card, I started with We Are Memory Keepers Precious Metal Collection paper. This stuff is beautiful! All my favorite colors! Next, I tried my hand at making faux wood. I had never done this before, but it appeared very easy to do. I wanted to convey a "zoo" feeling...wood posts with signs that say "do not feed the monkeys" on them.....I ran a horizontal strip of my "wood" near the bottom of the card, and on top of that I adhered my monkeys, which I punched out with my scallop circle punch, and mounted it on Old Olive. I colored the little guys with my prisma colored pencils, trying desperately to make them look as fabulous as Beate did on her card she sent me. Her coloring was amazing, and the shadowing around the monkeys even better. I shadowed my monkeys with a light blue prisma color pencil. Now, I just felt the monkey's needed a banana to complete them, so I cut a quick one out using More Mustard. I placed it right above their heads to make it look like one monkey was throwing it to the other!

The banana though, just wasn't enough. I needed a "vine" for the monkey's to swing from! I found some twine stuffed in a drawer and knew it was perfect for the job. I got a new set of Technique Tuesday stamps the other day called Petal Pushers and it had the fun leaves for me to use as a "tree" for the vine to fall from. The final touch was my wooden sign that says "Wild About You"! I have to pinch myself that this turned out so fun. Thank you Beate for your amazing and constant inspiration!!!!! I hope I did your monkey's proud!

My second monkey card is a bit more "reserved", but I basically used all the same elements, just in a different layout. Pretty self explanatory, so I'll refrain from saying it all over again! I know you have only so much time for your blurfing, so I don't want to be a "blog hog" and take up all your time!

Moving on, I was also the lucky recipient Monday of this Blogger RAK from Rachel Baird at Hope Stamps Eternal! What a sweetie she was to send it! I love the three panels on the front of the card. She embossed a star on TOP of the three panels, which looks so cool! It's very subtle, but modern. Thanks Rachel!

25 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your monkey cards and all the elements you've put into them. My favorites are the vine and banana! I'm thinking I am needing to put those monkeys on my list too (shoot!) ;)

    Beate's card is sooo pretty too! She rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Amy. I'm so loving those little monkeys. They're too cute!
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Monkey cards are so cute, love the vine and banana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just too cute, Amy!! Love both of them. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've combined a lot of different elements, yet they look great! Very cute. I really like those little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:22 AM

    Too funny! I was just on the stampendous website looking at the monkey stamps and here they are on your blog today! I love what you've done with them! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great cards. I like the scallop in the middle and the plain circle on the outside. And the "real" leaves were a great touch.
    Love your blog. Love those cards.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful. I love your colors, the use of your trademark PP and especially, your props. Props can be difficult to pull off without looking corny sometimes, but gal yours are tops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy you are a stampin' delight! Your cards are fabulous and inspire many including me. I love your fun yet edgy layouts. You are going far girl *smile*
    You rocked these lil' monkeys today. Funny that we used the same design for our cards today. That Beate is just too good.

    Alli

    P.S. I love your blog and visit lots. I'll make sure to leave more comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:36 AM

    OH MY GOODNESS! Your monkey cards are amazing. I love how you added the leaves. You are simply amazing! I am so glad you had fun with the monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You crack me up! I just love these monkey cards...the vine was a great idea! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable monkeys, Amy -- you did a fabulous job with them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute monkeys! love how you added the leaves

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so great Amy....love the leaves with the rope dangling! Wow the perfect pp for it too! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are just adorable!! I love the banana & vine, and all the fun colors. The wood looks awesome, how did you do that? And I *love* the leaves going around the circle on the second card. Just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You ROCK! Your monkey cards are so awesome. Love everything about them! Today must be monkey mania in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your eye for pulling things together just amazes me.

    ...you use props? Oh yes! They just blend in without looking silly.
    beth was right.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness - those little monkeys are so fun and your designs are great as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your monkey cards are the sweetest things!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amy the monkey cards are so cute! Your card designs just blow me away... you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Girl, you are so crazy talented! I love how you have the monkey tossing the other monkey the banana with his tail!! Absolutely adorable! And what a lucky girl to get a package from Beate!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH lucky you! I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy Birthday! I should pay more attention to birth dates on the Blogger's RAK list! :) Great card with the monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your monkey cards! They are amazing!!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Your monkeys are adorable. Love your wooden signs.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin