Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hello, is anyone out there?

Boy, yesterday had to be one of the lowest comment days EVER for me since the inception of my blog! Yikes, I hope all my peeps didn't abandon me during my vacation! I'm just kidding, I know it was Father's Day and that everyone was outside celebrating with their Dad's!!! I was so busy the whole day too, so I know how it is when life gets in the way of blogging. I hate when that happens!

This morning is my MIL's bypass surgery, so I'm actually typing this up Sunday night. Surgery starts at 730am, and we are hoping they will have it finished in 3-4 hours. It really depends how much damage they find once they are inside. Please say a prayer for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Speaking of my MIL.....I received such a sweet email from Paula (PRBloom) asking if she could send a card to my MIL letting her know she was in her thoughts and prayers. Is that not the sweetest gesture? Thank you Paula, for being so kind and thinking of Muriel during this difficult time. It got me thinking that maybe I could put out an RAK call to ALL my wonderful, kind blog readers to send out cards to her too! She would LOVE that! She adores my cards, and I know she would be so tickled to receive yours as well. If you are willing, you can send one to her at this address:

Muriel Westerman
4928 Morgan Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55419

Thank you!

Onto today's card. It's another My Favorite Things card! I'm getting the hang of this set, FINALLY! It takes me a while sometimes. This one is a little bit wild, and I'm sure some of you are thinking "whoa" as you look at it! That's ok. I know not everyone likes such wild paper and patterns. But who can resist this We Are Memory Keepers Precious Metal paper? I mean, please....it's gorgeous!

This time, I stamped the woman/cake image twice, once on Whisper White cardstock and again on the We R Memory Keepers paper. First I aquapainted the image with Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red inks. Then I cut the whole image out (minus the background and candles, and mounted it on top of the designer paper with dimensional tape. It really sort of looks like this polka dot lady is walking through the room carrying cake, doesn't it?

Since there are silver accents throughout the paper, I punched a small scalloped border and attached it to the side of the image. I punched a hole in each scallop and then wove silver cording through the holes for fun.

I sold this one right away while we were at camp. I should have made more, but alas, I did not! I think it was relatively easy to make (not like Saturday's card), so I could make a few more. The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory, so no long oratory on how I did everything, ok? I'm sure you appreciate that!

Well, I've got to run. Have a great Monday. I'll be back on Tuesday with an update on my MIL's surgery!

Hugs,
Amy

18 comments:

  1. Very cool card!!! Bright and vivid and eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:45 AM

    I'm still here :)

    Prayers for your MIL surgery.

    And, your favorite things card...WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:50 AM

    Amy

    Prayers are on the way. Depending on how things are with your MIL she might be home sooner than you think.

    My FIL had a heart-attack on Martin Luther King day (Monday), had quadruple by-pass late afternoon and one artery was 100% blocked, and was out of the heart hospital on Friday morning.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:50 AM

    Pretty card....hope all goes well with your MIL's surgery today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayer just went up for your MIL's surgery! My husband had quadruple bypass about 2 yrs ago & prayer was what held me together. Also prayers for you!
    AND you're right - WHOA! this is a bright card! But it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You MIL is in my thoughts and prayers, will get a card out to her this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the card, also I will be sending off a card to your mil :)! Have a great day :)! Oh, and don't get discouraged in terms of lack of numbers of comments...sometimes I wonder if anyone is reading my blog :p! Then out of the blue people do respond :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this cheery bright card! I know what ya mean about no comments...it WAS a slow weekend...must be the beautiful weather and such! Hope everything goes well with your MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Said a prayer for your MIL this morning. I will also get a card out to her this week.

    I have seen lots of examples of the MFT stamps done with Prismacolors and it looks great. Although it seems to be Copics route that most people are using. Hobby Lobby has them for $5.89 each and the selection is alright. I have gotten a few with my 40% off coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this set and your card is fabulous...as always.

    I'm sending you and your MIL good thoughts for today's procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute card Amy! I'll definitely keep your MIL in my prayers - let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh don't be silly...we would never abandon you. We LOVE you!

    Super cute card...she really does look like she is walking through the room.

    My prayers are with your MIL...I hope for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:52 PM

    This card needs a little white space! Love the paper, esp. the larger background one.

    Keep us posted about your mom! Of course we're still here, reading and CASE'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwh....Amy...we love you! Love what you did with the MFT stamp! love that retro circle bg!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:23 PM

    I wish your mother in law a speedy recovery. A card is on the way to her as well.
    Warm wishes from a Florida lady card-maker,
    Vianna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo, I LOVE this! All the patterned paper is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:39 AM

    i love this card! the colors and papers are wonderful...i love intermixing patterns. beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That chick just jumps right off the card with those circles behind her. FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin