Monday, June 04, 2007

Black and White....and Red!


Morning! I mean, Afternoon!! Were you wondering where I was today? It's not like me to post so late......the camera batteries were d-e-a-d, dead this morning, so had to put off the post until I got home from errands and the battery had been recharged. I didn't forget you !

I had SUCH a productive weekend stamping! Woo-hoo!!! Can I tell you....it has been SO long since I had a two productive days in a row making cards. I am so thankful it was working for me this weekend. I SO needed to stock up!

Here is one of my favorites from the weekend....I adore black, white and red. There is no other color combination so powerful, IMHO. The little birdy stamp from Hero Arts just JUMPED right into my hands during a slight lull, and bingo, we have a bird card!!! He must have been feeling sad and unloved. Never fear, you don't have to twist my arm very hard to get me to play with the birds:)!

I cut off a small strip off the bottom of the card. In it's place went some Basic Black scallops! Gotta love the scallops again! The paisley black and white designer paper is from Doodlebug Designs. It is the main focus of this card!
Mr. Birdy was stamped on some scrap paper and was paper pieced back together. He was mounted on a small red square scallop and mounted on a larger white square scallop. I laid a narrow strip of Real Red vertically across the paper right under the bird, and tied a black and white polka dot ribbon on top of it, which I tied to the left side of Mr. Bird.

The sentiment in the lower right corner was achieved by punching out a circle on the designer paper with my circle punch, which I then glued to the red cardstock. The actual sentiment was stamped on Whisper White and punched with the smaller circle punch and laid right on top of the red cardstock, so it looks like I matted it, but I did not!

I am going to try and get a little bit of stamping done before the boys get home from school. I have about an hour, so I can maybe pump out a few!!! I hope you all had a great weekend, and that you were just as productive as me!!!

Hugs,
Amy

18 comments:

  1. I agree that these colors are so awesome together! This is incredible! I'm so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Nope, I was definately not as productive as you. I'm not even sure I had time to pick up a stamp all weekend. Not quite true, I had ten minutes during which I had to whip out two tags to hang on vodka bottles for mini anniversary gifts to go with the anniversary dinner we hosted for in-laws and sis-in-law, too. Didn't even have time to get a pic. I'll be watching for what else you made during your productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, love the color combo and the paper mix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this card <3 and I like your blog very much. I've been visiting daily for a while, but this is the first time I post a comment.

    Greetings from Chile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Beautiful card. I bought the exact same paper this weekend along with some other gorgeous black and white designer paper. (Black with white little daisys and white with black paisleys...yummy!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, Amy! Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it's perfect! I've seen that cute little HA bird everywhere....think it's calling to me! Love your color combo too, happy for your stamping mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, I love the little birdie with his colorful little wings. The black and white is just awesome! Great job! Once again girl, you rock1

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute. I love those birds. I saw them on a sign at Archiver's the other day when I was there and was so excited, but alas they didn't have any in stock. You have me hooked on them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute Amy! I just love the bold red, black & white combo, and Mr. Bird is just too cute! He and his friends jumped into my basket tonight at Archivers, so seeing your inspiring card is perfect timing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:20 PM

    Mr. Birdy is gorgeous. I love your work!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:36 PM

    Truly is an amazing card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty! love how you paper pieced the bird together

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:25 AM

    LOVE the pattern in the bird, Amy--great job--excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admire you so much! You have an hour and you want to pump out a few cards??? I would be lucky to get all my supplies out and plan a layout in an hour. WOW...

    I love this card. The black and white paisley paper is DA BOMB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous11:26 AM

    Amy, I love this card. Black, White and Red looks great together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thud! That's my jaw! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin