Thursday, May 31, 2007

Comfort for a Loss

Morning peeps.

I am exhausted. I woke up exhausted. How does that happen? I woke up originally at 345am, this morning, but was able to go back to sleep till 530a, thank heavens. This has been happening for a little while, waking up early and then feeling exhausted. Maybe a dr. appt is in order?

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I had hoped. Made a dent in the laundry, but there's more of that to work on today too. No plans on the agenda to do much other than stamp, clean, and do more laundry. Since I'm not feeling so great, I think it's a good idea I just stay home and veg out. I'm not even going to shower. I'm gonna to sit here in my sweats all day. A slice of heaven in my book!

I made this card for my friend who's father died recently. I really love how it turned out. I'm going to have to pick up some more of this new paper from We Are Memory Keepers. It's their Precious Metal collection, Vintage Brass line, Verdant is the pattern, I think. It's got metallic accents to it, and it's gorgeous! The polka dot paper is from the same collection and is called Bedposts! The base card is a kraft cardstock, and the designer paper is matted with Bravo Burgandy. Just a simple wide strip of the coordinating cardstock is placed horizontally across the card, which was also matted with BB.

I used my new Paper Trey Ink stamps for the floral image, and the sentiment is made with my Paper Tray collection from PTI. The Very Vanilla circle is matted with a scallop circle punched out of BB. My final step was using my sewing machine to sew a simple straight stitch around the perimeter of the card. Could it be any simpler? I'm doing to have to use this layout for more cards today, it was really easy!

Since I'm not feeling so hot, I'm going to sign off for the day. I think a nap is in the cards for later!

Amy

19 comments:

  1. Pretty card Amy! Love how you make everything work together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paper/great colors, Amy -- love it with the PT flowers. Hey, this layout is very close to Beate's she posted today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just thought that I'd let ya know that I have thyroid issues and it TOTALLY messes with my sleep! Beautiful card by the way.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card..first time at your blog....
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I'm sorry for your friends loss. Sympathy cards are so hard to make because my heart hurts for the recipiant as I do my best to create something special and sincere. The card you made is so sweet - your friend will be touched by your kindness I'm sure. I hope you are ok and that Doc can help you find the answers to what's happening. I am turning 41 this summer and am currently waiting to hear news from some "tests" I had before the holiday weekend. health issues scare me - I hope we both get good news and sleep better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is really beautiful, Amy! Hope you're feeling energetic again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:15 PM

    What a lovely card. You sure make pretty sympathy cards. I am so sorry you are feeling poopy...I love the no shower and sitting around in sweats all day idea. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Thanks for the tag, I will try to remember to do it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Amy, I sure hope you are feeling better soon!
    Condolences to your friend. Your card for her is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! You are so good with these bright cheery cards! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful card for a sad occasion. Love how you can manipulate the stems with acrylics to make them curve. Gorgeous color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even your sympathy card is appropriately pretty and cheerful. It's very nice.

    When the body demands rest, do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Amy! You've given me reason to consider ordering the PTI stamps - I'm not good with flowers, but you make it look so effortless...which I know it's NOT - you truly demonstrate the highest quality stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay...I have to say that I'm embarrassed that I called your card so "cheery", when it's actually a sympathy card. I was so into noticing the beautiful colors, layout, and stitching...that didn't read the sympathy part. Anyhow, who says a sympathy card had to be toned down and dreary-looking.

    Yours is lovely, Amy! And I hope I didn't offend with my previous comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i know just how you feel! i love those days...really! love this card! i love that paper too!! hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:54 AM

    Gorgeous card that I think you friends will really appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an absolutely beautiful sympathy card. You're making me seriously consider those PT stamps!

    Hope you get some rest soon. I struggle with sleeplessness as well and it's no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been MIA on your blog lately and I miss it! I have had barely enough time to keep up with my own! Happy late birthday!

    I hope you get to feeling better! I feel tired all of the time but I know it's because of lack of sleep due to youngsters!

    I love this card. So beautiful and I know your friend will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very thoughtful and gorgeous card. I'm sure she will be comforted.

    :-)

    NG.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous11:47 PM

    Spectacular, Amy! Love teh papers, the colors, the layout--all of it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin