Monday, May 07, 2007

Here birdie, birdie, birdie!

I LOVE my new Hero Arts birds! I've had my eye on these fabulous stamps for a little while now. For a month or so, none of my local stores had them, and the only place to buy them was on the Hero Arts website. I held out, and I'm glad I did! I found them last week at my local stamp store! Woo-hoo! I was thrilled! Aren't they adorable?

There is going to be so many ways I can use these little ones. For this card, I decided to paper piece the birds. But first, I found some green scrap designer paper and laid it on a piece of Whisper White cardstock to simulate "grass". Then I did a blue colorwash above the grass for the blue sky (I used Ballet Blue). Then I stamped each bird once on the card with Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan.

Next, I stamped each bird numerous times on different pieces of scrap designer papers (here's a plug for using up those scraps ladies!), and then cut them up piece by piece and glued them randomly on each bird that was on the card. My sun is the flower from my new Martha punch, which I am in love with. I've been using it alot lately! I outlined each bird with my Sakura glitter pen for a little bling. The butterfly I had sitting on my desk from another project a long time ago. I knew it would come in handy some day! It is embossed in gold and then I watercolored it with Lovely Lilac. The sentiment is from Edgy Eloquence. I picture the birds as a gaggle of girlfriends, so the sentiment is perfect to reflect that! Where would we be without our girlfriends? Crying alone, that's for sure!

I have to share a funny with you that happened to me last week. Have you ever stamped something for your card, and then it disappeared from your sight right in front of your eyes? Well, usually, I can eventually find what I was looking for, but last week, I COULD NOT find one of the margarita cards I had just made (I usually make 4 of every design). Well, I did eventually find it, but guess where? I found it on the back side of the card I was currently putting together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That' right, I glued a margarita layout to BOTH sides of ONE card!! I totally didn't notice it right away. It just felt sort of "heavy" for a card. Then I flip it over and there was the layout that had disappeared before my eyes a tish earlier!!!! What a goofball I am!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had never done that before! I got a good chuckle out of it! I mean, you just have to laugh when stuff like this happens! I took a picture of it so you would know exactly what happened.....Classic, isn't it?

Well, I don't have much going on today. It's supposed to rain all day, so I'll be able to get a little work done in the stamp room. I plan on participating in Julee's card sketch, but that's about it. Did you see her new card today using her new sketch? OMG, it's beautiful!

Have a great one!
Amy

20 comments:

  1. Your birdie card is just adorable..I love how you paper pieced the birds. Fantastic!

    And the story of you making a card on the back of an already made card is very fun...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy-
    You're right, those little birds are wonderful!!
    Oh, and I've totally done the same thing with the card. I was also making multiples of a design and picked up one I had already finished. I felt so silly, at least you can always cut it in half and get them apart.
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...this is the second card I have seen this morning using those birds...I have to have them! Super color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute birdies...(lots of work) and as for doing a "double layout" well...we have all done silly things...thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those birds as well. I got mine last week. I have a card on my blog that uses one. (plus a few of your Sunday Sketch cards I havent had the courage to send you the links for!)
    http://www.inkyfingerart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:19 PM

    I love your birds card! If I see it in my lss I'll probably get them.

    Just wondering, Amy...how many margaritas did you have while making that double-sided card? ROFL! I think you should keep it that way and send it to someone as a joke! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:19 PM

    I love the little birds, and it reminds me that the next thing I want to play with is stamping on printed paper. I've seen some great examples of that on your site. And I love your "goof." What a hoot! Thanks, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww....you made me blush! Thanks for the kind words and link.

    Those birds are just fabulous, I'm gonna have to go on a shopping mission! And I'm totally chuckling about that margarita card. When I saw the pic, I thought it was a new take on the one, two, three, FLOOR concept. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my heck, I've been looking all over for these birds too, I'm so jealous that you found them! I just love how you pieced them with the patterned paper, and I love the little sun...so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Amy, this is GORGEOUS! I love it! Paper piecing is my new favorite technique! You did a WONDERFUL job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cracking up~! I've lost things on my desk - ok, yeah, all the time - but this is a first on me. Tooooo funny.

    Loving the pieced birdies! They are too cute, and even cuter with patterns!

    Dina
    mamadinis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:09 PM

    Love your birdie card. It looks amazing!
    You had me chuckle with your double sided margarita card. That could have been me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the little birds! It seems like birds are finding their way in the stamping world alot lately! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bird cards are adorable. You are a very talented lady. I look forward to your blog each day just to see what you have done. I love your sketches tooysauxc

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the patterns in your birds. So funky. So, were you DRINKING a margarita while making that card? That is too, too funny. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been reading your blog for awhile but I had to leave a comment today. I love the bird card. It is perfect! The colors are great. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My stampin' buddies all laughed at me when I started on my "bird" kick when I first got a glimpse of the Winter Mini (Carte Postale and French Flair.) One of my favorite things is to take something from nature and put a quirky, whimsical twist to it. You've certainly done this with these little birds! So much for curbing my addiction. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous2:20 PM

    That story is too funny. Something a little like that happened to me today. I was looking for one of my little itty bitty acrylic stamps and couldn't find it anywhere. Then I just happened to pick up an ink pad and there it was on the bottom. Those are sticky little boogers! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the birdies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the birds!! What a cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin