Saturday, April 07, 2007

Scrap Stash Saturday!


Today's post is two-fold...to show you the card I made out of scraps, and using the same card, show you my first foray into the Bella Craze that's hitting the stamping world!


A few weeks ago, I put out a blog call to anyone who could send me some Bella images so I could personally see what this Bella craze was about without having to first purchase a Bella before I knew I'd like her or not! Many of you offered to send me some images, so a sincere THANK YOU to those who were ready to help a sistah in need! I ended up getting a bunch of images from my new blogging friend Colleen, who's blog is About Me! If you haven't already, stop by and see what a great job she does on her blog! She's got lots of great features every week that you won't want to miss!


Colleen sent me a bunch of images, but the one I was most drawn to was Cosmo Bella. I'm not sure why as I've never sipped a Cosmo or martini in my life (as far as alcohol goes, I'd rather EAT the calories, not drink them!). But I had some sentiment stamps that I thought would be perfect with her.
So, I searched through my scrap drawer and found this American Crafts paper. I wanted to sew some more, so I quick whippped up a pocket card with the scrap to display CosmoBella on! Today's card doesn't use up a ton of scraps, but as long as the card has some scraps on it, it qualifies, right? Right!!!

To color CosmoBella, I used my fab Prisma colored pencils. Doesn't she look cute in her little denim capris? Sweet! With her little red tank top and red flip flops, she's ready for a hot night on the town! I have this sentiment stamp that says "girlfriends", so I inked it up using my Real Red SU marker, being careful NOT to color the "s", cuz I wanted Bella to be talking, saying "girlfriend.....". You know what I mean. We girls say it all the time (in our sassiest voice) to our friends when we're trying to make a point...."girlfriend, you rock and you know it!" or "girlfriend....you can do anything you set your mind to", or "girlfriend, dump that loser pronto!". You get the picture.

I had another sentiment that said "it's your birthday, celebrate". So, now I have CosmoBella saying "girlfriend....it's your birthday, celebrate!" Perfect, uh? For the card inside the pocket, I used yet another sentiment that says "cheers to you!" Love it!

I used my fun zebra ribbon that I never have a use for as the tab used to pull out the card from the pocket. I put a flower brad at the very top of the tab just for fun.

And there you have it. Today's scrap card, and my first Bella card. I can't say I'll be buying a Bella anytime soon. None of them speak to me as of yet, but if one comes out that does, I think I'd buy her! (Edited Saturday pm: Guess what? A Bella finally spoke to me!!! I just bought the new PMS Bella and the sentiment "you stuffeth you fluffeth!!! I LOVE this sentiment! I can't wait to get her. I also bought Cosmo Bella!). I'll probably try coloring some of the other ones that Colleen sent me to see if I like them any more than I do right now. The problem is, I don't have many fun sentiments to use along with them. I'll have to search through my millions of stamps a little more to see if I can find something.

Well, I think it's time to sign off for the day. We're having Easter at our house tomorrow, so that means we have to clean all day today. Sadly, there won't be much time to stamp, sniff-sniff. I've decided we're going to clean as a team today. We'll all start out on the top floor (bedrooms), cleaning our respective areas, then we'll move to the first floor (kitchen, living areas, small bath), and then we'll all move downstairs to the finished basement. I'll clean my stamp room (I get to show my new stamp room off to everyone tomorrow, so it's got to be beautiful!:)), hubby will clean his bathroom (yucky), and the boys will clean their area which they trash with all their PS2 stuff. I think this will be a great way to go about commando cleaning today! We'll crank the tunes and help each other out. Boys aren't too happy about this whole "commando cleaning" stuff, but hubby liked the idea!

I am hoping to be back tomorrow with Super Sketch #10 (Wow!), regardless of the holiday, but it would be great if I could design the sketch today and get it all done for tomorrow. There won't be any time to do it Sunday, so today's the best day! Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!


9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:55 AM

    Oh YEAH!!! I love this bella...Your card is super cute...I love the red, black and white...

    I know what you mean about the Bellas speaking to you...They are adorable, but not all of them are for me...I do want to get the work-out-a-bella (maybe it would inspire me to work out more...)

    Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, PLEASE make tomorrow's sketch a pocket card!! I need an excuse to make one! Happy Cleaning and have a blessed Easter!

    Btw, your first Bella card is a-dor-a-ble!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so striking! Wat to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so striking! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Amy! Love the bellas! You did a great job with the coloring and layout! Have a nice Easter - I've been cleaning today too, no stamping . . . yet! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! Can't wait for the sketch challenge! :) Oh, and go to this link to check out the two-step Cuttlebug dies http://store.crazyscraps.com/cunewar.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:23 PM

    cute! I love what you did to make the girlfriend birthday sentiment. Sometimes I'll picture 2 different sentiments, but the styles are completely different. Yours work perfectly together!
    And yes, I think the white font is easier to read against the fun pink background. Its a little bit easier on the eyes, at least on my 'puter.
    Have a blessed Easter. HE IS RISEN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers to you and Cosmobella. Great card and love the bella.

    grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bella - so far I've resisted the Bella rage.... though one of my friends has a bunch that I stamped out. Cosmobella is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin