Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday's Forgotten Stamps



What a beautiful morning! The glorious sunshine is pouring through my office window, so right now I am basking in it's rays! It's still a little chilly this morning (44), but it's suppose to get in the 70's today. Yippee!

Since I haven't had a spare minute to pick up a stamp since I've gotten home (I am so bummed about it too!), I am going to show you a card I made back in January using a sentiment from the Friendship Flowers SU set. I haven't used this set in forever, and I should! I love the verses in it.

I used one of my favorite Basic Grey patterns (I don't remember the name of it!) for the background. To carry the pattern on into the sentiment, I used one of the floral stamps from Carte Postal and stamped it randomly on a piece of Whisper White cardstock very lightly (stamped off) in Bashful Blue. Then I stamped the sentiment over that with Old Olive. It's matted on a piece of Old Olive cardstock that was first sent through the Cuttlebug. To bring in some more color, I took a piece of Bashful Blue and put it through the Cuttlebug as well and then laid it underneath the sentiment. A big, fat piece of green satin ribbon is laid horizontally across the card and adhered on the back side of the card. No bow.

To finish it off, I used a stamp from the Riveting set and stamped it on a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock with Old Olive ink, punched it out with the SU circle punch and then matted it with Old Olive cardstock. I adhered it to the front of the card with foam tape to make it pop!

Ok, on to other things. While I was away, I was tagged by a bunch of fun ladies: Sara (Sara's Studio), Tracy (Stampingly Creative Art by Tracy) and Jeanine (Stamping with Jeanine)! Thanks ladies! Sorry it took me so long to respond. What a week it's been! I am supposed to tell you 7 interesting things about myself, but I'm telling you, I'm afraid I'm not that interesting! I hope I can come up with 7, but if not, I'm sure you'll understand! Here goes:

1. I was born with beautiful strawberry blond hair, and carried it with me for many years. That is, until I had children. The minute they popped out, they took my red hair with them! After both of them, I was left with mousey blond hair. Yuck! What a mother won't sacrifice for her children....

2. I am the youngest of four children, AND the only girl in the family! I'm sure you're thinking I must have been spoiled being the only girl and the youngest, but I assure you, I was not. By the time I came along, my parents were too tired to expend any extra energy spoiling me. I wore my brother's hand-me-downs (my choice, much to my mother's chagrin), and was spanked right along with them if the need arose! And, my brothers never failed to torment me until I was hysterically sobbing and gasping for breath. They thought it was funny. The only bright spot was, no one ELSE could torment me or else that person would have to deal with the wrath of the Stewart boys!

3. I am a Fresca freak and a Cheezit freak! Put these two staples in front of me and I'm happy as a clam.

4. I am a former senior media buyer for a large advertising firm here in Minneapolis. I worked in this capacity up until I was laid off nearly three years ago! Now, I do the same thing, only as a freelancer out of my home. I was lucky enough to have snagged this opportunity just a few weeks after I lost my job. I am contracted to work at least 13 hours a month for the guy I work for, but during busy times of the year, I can work upwards of 50+ hours a month. It's a perfect setup for our busy family!

5. I am an amatuer photographer! I LOVE taking pictures, especially of my son playing baseball. I take it as a personal challege to get the most amazing action shots I can each season. I can't wait to get shooting this year's team!

6. I am an introvert by nature. I can hold my own out in public, in business or social situations, but that's not where I derive my energy from. My energy comes from internal, not external forces. I would consider myself shy!

7. I come from great parents! They have been married 50 years, and each of my brothers and I have been married 20+ years to the same spouses. No divorces yet! I am so proud of that fact, and it's a direct reflection on my parents and their dedication and commitment to each other. In this day and age, this is quite an accomplishment!

Wow, I did it. I came up with 7 interesting tidbits about myself! I amaze even myself! I'm not going to tag anyone else, because by now, everyone has already played this game, seeing as I came into the game late due to vacation. But, there are so many great blogs out there, it would have been a really difficult thing to do anyways. So, I'm copping out!

Hopefully I'll be able to stamp a little bit today. I've got ZERO cards in my stash, so it's time to get busy! Have a great day! I'll leave you with one of the photos I took at the National Botanical Gardens in Washington, DC, since you all know now that I'm an amatuer photographer!!

Amy

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:09 AM

    I am sooo happy you are back! I missed you girl.I hope you have a wonderful mini vacation!

    Thanks for giving us those facts to get to know you better!
    I love tulips. They got to be one of my favorite flowers.
    It's sunny here too. The birds are chirping...It's promising to be a hot sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:04 AM

    Your family sounds wonderful and your job sounds very interesting...I always wondered what you did when you would say you had a freelance job come in...sounds so mysterious! Great to get to know more about you Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo!! Great card too - love the colors. I loved reading more about you too - very interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tulips are gorgeous! Great photo. I've been thinking about making the drive down to DC. Haven't been there since high school. But this summer we're trying to get to Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:04 AM

    Welcome back! I've been reading your blog for some time now and never realized you were in Mpls! Small world - I'm in Duluth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great personal tidbits and I love the card. Those sayings are some of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Amy, those were very interesting facts about you. Thanks for sharing and I agree whole-heartedly about our parents being such role models for marriage. My parents were married for 45 years before separated by the passing of my Dad. I learned so much from them, only didn't realize it until too late.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is very pretty! I love the blues and greens!

    Thanks for sharing the interesting tidbits about yourself. It's good to get to 'know' you better. ;)

    Those tulips are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yet another wonderful card!

    And I had to laugh about your hair change after children. I had a thick, full head of naturally curly hair (couldn't make it straight if I tried) before having my children. Now...it's totally straight and it's a challenge to get any curl!! My son, of course, has beautiful, thick, curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you still live in Minneapolis? I live in Rochester but go to school in Minneapolis! Another Minnesota stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I've been meaning to pop over to your blog, but life's been crazy here and then we went out of town. LOVE the photo of the tulips. I'm a photographer, too, ya know! :) I just posted some pics on my blog.

    I also take baseball pictures, although my son is only playing t-ball. ;) He's just 5! But it gives me a chance to practice -- those games are LOOOONG! Have you ever sat thru a t-ball game? So, so cute, but can be brutally long! He actually has a game in about 40 minutes, so I better go get him ready!

    So nice to get to "know" you through those answers to the questions!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin