Monday, March 19, 2007

Vintage Lace

Today has been a whirlwind which explains why I am just getting my post done for the day. Thanks you, Dee, for worrying about me, wondering why I havn't posted yet. It's so nice to have people in your life that care about you!

I can't explain why I made the dramatic change back into using dark colors again. I think my new Basic Grey paper (Scarlet's Letter/Desire) inspired more of a classic, sophisticated feeling in me as opposed to a "spring is here" feeling which is the direction I've been taking lately. And can I just say the brown background designer paper here is absolutely the yummiest I've seen in a long time? Oh my, it's dramatic! The paper is by American Crafts, their Ala Carte line (I think....the pattern # is 34176 in case you want to look for some). It really is scrumptious! It teamed up wonderfully with the Basic Grey paper. The sort of "aqua" paper that is matting the Happiness quote is from the Basic Grey Phoebe line and is called Embarcadero.


See the pretty lace ribbon? It's from a box of ribbon I bought this past summer at a flea market. I bought one big box for 10 dollars, and it was filled to the brim with old, old ribbons and buttons. The lace brings a very vintagy feel to the card, doesn't it? The button is from the same box. Be sure to look for ribbons and buttons at your local flea market. I plan on doing the same thing this summer! It's the thrill of the hunt!


Here's something fun....I want to highlight an awesome card made by Kim at The Occasional Stamper. This is the card she made based on yesterday's card sketch. Isn't it AMAZING? I just had to show everyone what a great job she did. Hers is totally better than mine!!!


Well, it's time to go whip out a few birthday cards now. One is for my BIL, who's birthday is Wed, and the rest are for my SIL in VA, who sells them to her friends for me. I just sent her over 100 last week, and she called today wanting more! Time to get busy!!!

p.s....One last thing....does anyone know how I can make this blog 3 columns instead of 2? I don't want to change the LOOK of it, I just want to change the layout a bit. If anyone's done this before, can you share your expertise? I have been searching the internet looking for some help, but everything I've found so far either changes the whole LOOK of the blog, or it's so complicated I can't figure out how to make the changes. I would be so grateful for the help!

7 comments:

  1. These cards are gorgeous...love the darker tones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my card, Amy! I feel honored! I wish I could help you on the blog columns issue. If I find out anything I'll let you know! I like hunting for old buttons and such, too. Your card is lovely! You find the neatest paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:01 AM

    I NEED to get some of that BG Scarlet Letter paper...(really has nothing to do with the fact that I taught that novel every year for almost 10 years!) I am a huge FAN!

    I love your card...not dark at all...very elegant!

    (sorry, I can't help with the 3 column thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I found this thread that might help you find your way to a 3-column template.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more thing. If you mess with your template, be careful to save the current template so you can revert back if you can't get the other one right. There are always annoying little problems that pop up when you mess with a template. So many things have to work together that you may not think of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the leaves behind the sentiment! Smart idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:43 PM

    wow... what a gorgeous card.
    i wish i could come up with something like this.

    stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    claudia

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin