Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday's Forgotten Stamps


Today I dug into my background stamp drawer to pull out a background stamp I haven't used in forever! I was so excited when I first bought this stamp, but for some reason, I found it hard to work with. Soon, it faded into the background (no pun intended!). But this morning, I wanted to challenge myself to try and come up with a design that brought new life to the Word by Word background stamp.


Since I'm on a roll making square cards (just wait till I show them to you, they are SO fun to make!), I kept right on rolling and made this one square too. I knew I didn't just want to stamp directly onto cardstock, because doing that is what didn't work for me before. I thought, and I thought, and I thought. Then I thunk to myself, "why not give acetetate a try for the very first time"? Oh, oh. I've tried to make cards with acetate before, and did not have much success. I didn't have high hopes for it to work this time either. But, I'm all for new things, so I stamped a square piece of acetate with brown Stazon and gave it a shot. It worked! The stamp didn't slip and slide on the acetate, so I got a nice clear image the first time. Things are going my way today!


Since I'm such a designer paper addict, I couldn't imagine not using any on this card. I took out my beloved new Basic Grey 6x6 pads and started leafing through each piece, holding the piece of stamped acetate over each design to see how they looked together. I finally settled on the Phoebe line, Presidio to be exact, as the paper I would use under the acetate. I held paper and acetate together by using four pink brads in the corners. I decided I wanted to focus on friendship for the card, so I stamped the Word by Word background stamp again (just the word friendship) in ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink (Dark Brown) on a piece of Whisper White. I cut it out and placed it over the word "friendship" on the piece of acetate. It's popped up with foam tape. The sentiment, about friendship, is from Michael's $1 bin. I stamped that on a round circle and mounted it on a scalloped circle punch that was first sent through the Cuttlebug (Swirl pattern). After I tied the green polka dot ribbon onto the card, I attached the sentiment with foam tape right on top of the ribbon. I am tickled with how it turned out. I hope this inspires you to give your Word by Word background stamp a new life!


I'm not sure many of you have noticed this next little tidbit, but I have NOT jumped on the Stamping Bella bandwagon as of yet. I don't know why, so far, they just haven't appealed to me all that much. It's not that I don't think the girls are adorable, it's just.......mmmmm, I don't know what my problem is. However, to attempt to remedy this little issue, I was wondering if any of you would be willing to send me some stamped images of your bellas so I can see for myself just what all this Bella excitement is about! I would be willing to send YOU stamped images of some of my new Hero Arts stamps that I've been featuring on my cards lately. Can anyone help a stampin' sistah out? You'd be a BellaBabe if you would!


Have a great day!


12 comments:

  1. What a great idea - the acetate. At first I thought that you stamped it right onto your designer paper & I thought to myself, "Hmmm - I never think to do that" but that wasn't it at all! I am another person who doesn't make square cards for the envelope reason & the fact that the "normal" sized cards use up the perfect amount of paper! I shall have to venture out soon & try a couple because I love the look of them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Amy...another stunning card. I did this technique (with the acetate) a while ago and it was so fun...I had forgotten and I am so glad you had this on here...I can't wait to do it again! (I love it over the designer paper.)

    I have some bellas and I am more than thrilled to send some images. I have Artistabella, Cosmobella, Babybella (not sure what the name is, but it is the cute preggers woman), and the Bridalparty bella. I will send a bunch of each if you email me your addy! (and you could surprise me with any images you want!) that is, if you don't already have takers on this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,

    I love what you've done with the acetate & designer paper on this card - just gorgeous! I will have to give it a try. Although my only stazon color is jet black. I think it looks so nice in the brown.

    I have a dozen or so bella stamps and would be happy to swap you some images if you still need more. Please email me to let me know. :-)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always liked doing square cards! Love the acetate- I must ry this! (I must admit- I'm not a huge Bella fan!)
    Toni W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:02 PM

    I love your card and would be happy to send you some bella images. Shoot me an email with details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:06 PM

    Once again you've created a beautiful card. Yes, you even inspired me to pull out the acetate and same background stamp. I'll have to play this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:06 PM

    I'll be happy to send you some Bella images as soon as I get mine in the mail (hopefully by next week!). I ordered the stamping Bella, Teacherbella, Cosmobella and the present Bella. Email me with your details - shuli52769@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're ready to become a "Bellababe" too, it sounds like your in for a lot of them! (I must say, they're not my fave images) I really liked the idea of square cards, and so I'm about to embark on some later. And thanks for getting me started on designer papers--they are absolutely addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Acetate and I have slippage issues. A tad bit jealous you got it to work! lol Just kidding! It's awesome!!

    If you still need bellas, let me know and I can send what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:49 PM

    Amy....your card is perfect! I so have to go to Michaels now for that stamp.
    I am sorry, I don't have any bella's yet either! Otherwise I would so send you some.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creativity continues to amaze me. I love your blog! Keep up the beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same stamp from Michael's... I love it but had yet to find a way to use it. I love what you did with it and this card! Your work is always amazing.

    I believe my jammybella and javabellas will be in tomorrows mail. I know you don't know me but I'd be happy to send you some stamped images! susieq39@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin