Sunday, February 25, 2007

Super Sketch Sunday #4

Good morning!

I had fun creating this sketch for Super Sketch Sunday! I am learning how to design these sketches in PSE 5.0, so I don't have things quite nailed down yet, but I'm getting there. There is a big learning curve in PSE (Photoshop Elements for those who aren't familiar with the acronym PSE), but if you just stick with it, it eventually becomes easier. I have had PSE for a few years now, but have never used it for the application of sketch making!

I think the most important thing I want is to accomplish when designing sketches is to keep them simple. KISS, right? Who really has time for elaborate card creations that take us the afternoon to complete!??? I've got an idea brewing in my little ol' head right now that might help make all of us more efficient, creative stampers.....maybe I'll be able to share it with you in a few weeks if all goes according to plan!

Here is today's card sketch. The first layer of this card is a piece of designer paper. On top of that, I laid a strip of coordinating designer paper down the left side of the card on top of the first layer of paper. I watercolored the flower image, which was stamped with Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Chestnut Roan. The flower is colored using the aqua painter and Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, and More Mustard inks. After I was done watercoloring, I spritzed it with water so the colors would blend together slightly. You can do the water process either before you start painting, or after. I prefer after, that way I can get the colors more vibrant to start off with. The watercolor image is matted on Pink Passion cardstock and then mounted to the front of the card with foam tape. Three beautiful prima flowers on the right balance out the weight of the watercolor image on the left. I put a copper brad in the middle of each flower too! Here's my completed card! I think I like how it turned out! I made another card just like this one, but used slightly bigger flowers. Unfortunately, I think the bigger flowers overpowered the image, so I tried again and this is the card I finally went with.

I hope I didn't confuse you too much with my instructions today....I had a hard time writing this post, I don't know why though! The words just weren't flowing like they usually do. That's a bummer, because I need to get busy writing up a review on my paper trimmer for the Craft Critique website! I hope the words come easier for that than they did for today's post! Don't forget to leave a comment on Friday's post to qualify to win the Treat Tin! There's still candy inside of it, I haven't eaten any yet! You have till midnight tonight to get signed up!




8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:46 PM

    great sketch! Did you design the sketch first or the card? mnhyrkas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:09 PM

    Wonderful sketch and great card! Wohoo!!! I need to go and play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is just gorgeous Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch and even greater card...love the DP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the card, what a great idea with the flowers, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I got mine posted here. Thanks for these great challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say, your card is gorgeous!! I love every card you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:16 PM

    this card is so beautiful.
    tami

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin