Monday, February 26, 2007

Home Sweet Home

The idea for this card came from this card I spotted in the SCS gallery last week. It was made by Carol (HB) and I thought it was adorable! I wanted to use the same idea but since I didn't have the chair stamp she used (by Rosie's Roadshow), I used SU's Right At Home set instead. The designer paper I used is one of my favorite by Basic Grey (Color Me Silly/Doodle). I mounted the BG paper with a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock and mounted the whole thing on a card of So Saffron. On a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, I stamped my Amuse oval with ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink in Creamy Brown (it's new, and oh, do I love it!). If you look real close, you'll see that I made FRINGES around the oval so it looks like a rug under the chair!! Isn't that cute? It's all about the details, ladies!!!! On a separate piece of Very Vanilla, I stamped the image of the chair, watercolored it with my aqua painter, and then cut it out. It's mounted on top of the "rug" with foam tape to give it that 3-dimensional look! Underneath the rug, I stamped the sentiment "home sweet home". A sentiment from Circle of Friendship was added to the top of the card to wish the happy homeowners congratulations on their new home! This was a really fun card to make because it was "out of the ordinary" for me. I hope someone will buy it now (I sell all my cards to family and friends)! I don't sell too many new home cards!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:17 AM

    this is a great card...very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! I love the fringe, and I love the whole card!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin