Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday's Forgotten Stamps


Good morning! Today is the day we remember those stamps screaming out for attention!
Over the past year, my stamp style has really evolved to be less cutsey to more sophisticated and whimsical. I find myself shying away from cutesy and being drawn to chic, fun stamp sets. Have you found your style changes over time? For some reason, All About U is one of those sets I don't use anymore, because I think it's sorta cutesy. So today, I tried to take a cutesy, unused stamp set and bring it a fun and fresh new life! Color was the way I accomplished that! Isn't this designer paper by Fancy Pants (Fancy-Free Collection) so fun? All my favorite colors in one fell swoop, how lucky can I be? Pink, orange and lime green....divine!
To start, I matted a piece of the designer paper with Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I adhered that to my Pink Passion cardstock, the main card. I took a small coordinating piece of the Fancy Pants paper and matted that with Pink Passion cardstock as well. I inked up my Paisley BG stamp and "kissed" the "U" to it to get the paisley design on the U. It was stamped onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut out. I tied a pink polka dot ribbon around the U and then adhered it to the card with foam tape to make it pop. The Hero Arts sentiment was stamped onto Very Vanilla and punched out with my circle punch, and then matted with Pink Passion cardstock. I attached that with foam tape too. Finally, using my flower punch (EK Success), I punched out a bunch of flowers using Pink Passion and Pumpkin Pie cardstock. The flower centers are designer paper punched with a small circle punch. I love how colorful this card is, it's so fresh and fun! It's been so fun challenging myself to come up with new designs for Friday's Forgotten Stamps! Just think how many stamps are calling out to you begging for a new life!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Amy! Maybe I'll get a chance to play today and will pull out some old cutesy set of mine. There ARE a few! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love your work, Christine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is SO FUN and cheerful...and it really did make me SMILE!! Love it...and your blog! I'll be back for more. Smiles, Pam :)

    http://smileycollector.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am not sure I have the exact quote you want but when I look at your daily offerings, 2 things come mind...layers and embellishments. What a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:12 PM

    Ohhh - really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:43 PM

    these are great colors...so like spring! i looked out the back door this morning and the grass is starting to green...how amazing! i am going to cut some branches from some of my flowering tree's and bring them in the house to force them to bloom...love is in the air...tfs

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin