Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Bird is Back!!!!




Good morning! I slept till 615am this morning, so I'm feeling well rested (ha!). Actually, 615a is better than the 5am I was waking up at for such a long time.......

I hadn't dragged my beloved birdies out for such a long time, I thought a reunion was in order. Isn't she a beauty? I stamped my Hero Arts bird onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to start off with. Then I drew the horizon line just at her feet. Below was the grass, above was the sky. I colored each in using my aqua painter and Old Olive and Brocade Blue ink. Then, I stamped the bird again on three different pieces of scrap paper, so I could use a different paper for her body, her large wing, and her small wing. I glued all the pieces directly to the paper except the large wing, which I adhere using dimensional tape. I matted the bird image with a scallop circle cut out from So Saffron. A few white dots around the edges adds so much detail!

The polka dot background was achieved using my new SU polka dot background stamp. I think I'm going to use this stamp alot, IF I can drag myself away from the designer paper for a little while! On top of the polka dots, I used a piece of scrap paper from my Beloved Scenic Route....this one is also from the Laurel collection! It was mounted with Purely Pomogranate, my new favorite SU color.

To make the little yellow banner for the A Muse sentiment, I just free-hand cut a wavy strip from So Saffron cardstock, and then v-cut the one end and straight cut the other end. I added a few orange brads, a white line around the edge of the banner, and then adhered it to the front using dimensional tape. And there you have it....I hope you like today's card! I sure do!

I've got a little update for you guys on Muriel. Finally, she is doing better! Praise God! They extubated her yesterday and she is now breathing on her own! Woo-hoo! My SIL said yesterday she looks so much better! I have not seen her since this past weekend. Her kidneys might be working again, (she's producing some urine on her own, but I don't think the drs are as thrilled as we are.....it's not much, but it's more than she WAS putting out). That's about all I know for now, once I know more, I'll let you know! Her 74th birthday is tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get up to the hospital to see her.

Last night my son's baseball team played in the 13A Regional Championship game! I can't believe this little team came so far this season that they ended up playing in the CHAMPIONSHIP game! Woo-hoo! These little guys rock! Unfortunately, they lost, but #2 is still ok when they look at how far they've come in such a short time. I'm so proud of all of them. Here are a few shots from last night's game....

This is the coach (my hubster), giving his player (our son) a little pep talk before he went to bat....


This is my son just before he made contact with the ball....

And this is my son waltzing through the air on his way to back up first.....for some reason, I am uber crazy about this picture....he looks so casual, like he always walks above the ground to get where he wants to go!


Hugs,
Amy

11 comments:

  1. Love that bird, glad to hear Muriel is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bird, glad to hear Muriel is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:10 AM

    Very nice card. So happy to hear about Muriel. Please tell her a stamping friend says Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card, and great action shots! i'd love to have the camera you have. do you know what's up with Verve Visual? is it going live today or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, Great news about Muriel, and What a super picture...he really does look like he is floating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such great photography skills! I always wish my picutes came out as good. I'm glad to hear your MIL is doing better.

    That is an adorable card. I can't seem to find those birds anywhere around here. They must sell like hotcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so awesome! Use that LO for one of your sketch challenges, will ya? I like it a lot.
    So bright and fresh!

    Glad to hear (read?) the news about your MIL, now you can breathe easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey--great photo over at Verve Visual! looks like julee's off to a great start...she has you as part of an awesome design team. who knows? maybe you'll get to travel to boise some day! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! The bird is back. I just love seeing you use these little guys. Love the banner for the sentiment. The white outline really makes it work. Glad Muriel is making minor improvements. Just keep holding on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:09 PM

    So happy to hear about Muriel's progress, prayers continue! LOVE the card and pictures, you are uh-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:15 AM

    Darling card. Glad to hear Muriel is better.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin