Sunday, April 01, 2007

Scrap Saturday AND Sketch Sunday

I'm back! I've arrived home in one piece from my Crafty Ladies weekend!


Lue, Sue and I had a great time being away for one night doing our thing. The retreat center is literally 10 miles from my house and about 3 from Lue's. I picked her up at 3p on Friday afternoon. Good heavens, you'd think we were leaving for a week with all the stuff we brought with us! We just didn't want to forget anything though, so we pretty much brought it ALL! Just so you know, I am the one with the baseball cap on (I literally woke up Saturday morning, got dressed, and started stamping, so I'm not looking so sweet in these pics), Lue's the one with the blue t-shirt on, and Sue is the best looking one of us all (cuz she was smart and showered) with the black striped sweater on!

I came HOME with 55 completed cards, but I made more than that, actually. I sold some that I had made to my girlfriend Sue (she scrapbooks and is a great customer of mine too!) and to one of the ladies that was an employee at the retreat center! I probably sold $35 worth of cards! Gotta love that, it paid for half the cost of the retreat!

Today I'll show you the card I made for Scrap Stash Saturday (which I missed because I was gone), and I'll also give you today's Sketch Challenge #9 and the card that inspired it. Hopefully it's not too much for you to take in!

Ok, so let's get on with it. Here's my card for Scrap Stash Saturday. It's really, really, really easy! All I did was stamp the small flower image from Doodle That all over the front of a piece of Rose Red cardstock. Then, I took a vertical strip of paper from my Basic Grey 6x6 pad (it was leftover from another card I put together at the retreat) and cut the sides of it with decorative scissors. I glued it to the front of the card. Finally, I took another small scrap piece of paper from my Basic Grey collection and punched out small circles with a regular size hole punch and then glued those on the stamped flower images to serve as the flower's center.

It looked sort of plain, so I punched three Whisper White circles (1 1/4) and three Rose Red circles (1 3/8) and stamped the flower image from Doodle That on two of the white circles and stamped the sentiment on the third white circle. All of the white circles were then matted with the larger Rose Red circles. To make the flowers stand out, I stamped them again, watercolored them and then mounted them on foam tape onto the white circles, so the card would have some dimensional qualities. I placed each of the three circles down the front of the card, on top of the vertical scrap. When I finished the card, I put the card to the side away from my other card stash because it was for Saturday's blog. But Carolyn, the retreat center employee (such a sweetie!) saw it and had to have it. I'm like "Wait, let me get a picture of it first for my blog!!!!" Then the cute little thing was gone. Poof, just like that. Thank heavens I brought my camera with me so I could take a picture of it for you guys!

Now.....it's Super Sketch Sunday time! I have so much fun with this challenge, have I told you that lately? You have all responded so well to the challenges I've thrown at you each week, I'm so PROUD of each and everyone of you that pushes herself to give these sketches a try. I have to say, the card I made for today's challenge is a favorite for me. Unfortunately, the photo I uploaded isn't great. Had to use the flash, so I think it's a bit overexposed! I made this yesterday near the end of the retreat. I'm amazed my brain wasn't too fried by then to come up with anything intelligent enough to submit for you! I think you will have lots of fun coming up with your own version of this sketch! Following is the recipe for the card. I'm not going to give you a step by step run down of what I did, because I think it's pretty self explanatory. But, as usual, if you have any sort of question regarding what I did, be sure and email me!
Paper: Crate, black/white double sided paper, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White
Ribbon: SU Very Vanilla Organza
Tag: Cuttlebug




Have a great Sunday!

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE the card you made for scrap Saturday. I love the wavy layer and the circles and the flowers and the colors- all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:39 PM

    What a great layout! Love your card. Thanks for always sharing, Amy!
    I just made a card with this layout. I need to get it uploaded! I used my new Magnolia paper from My Mind's Eye! It's soooo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time! Love the pics! Can't wait to do the sketch. . .won't be able to until later tonight, though. Love your scrap card too! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the card and the little circle sentiment thingy works great there - I'm a big believer in attaching tags to something... so I like how you've grounded it with the ribbon :) Looks like you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful sketch, Amy! I just LOVE your sketches! http://oodabugalley.blogspot.com/2007/04/another-super-sketch-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout! I need to try it out. Your card looks great! The photography can be such a pain sometimes. I too especially have trouble with those black and white ones! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy! Love this sketch!

    My card is posted today at my blog http://stampinwithjulie.blogspot.com/.

    Thanks for once again providing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good time! A whole weekend devoted to stamping sounds soooo nice! That card is so nice! I am loving the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whimsical paper and yet the overall card is absolutely classic! It's beautiful and SO classy. I really liked this layout and had fun making the card. Looking forward to SSS #10.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy, you just plain old ROCK!! You're the designer paper queen! You combine them so well. I love your whimsical combinations!

    It took me until today to get mine ready to post, but it's up now.

    Mine is a bit off. I was lazy, plain and simple! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally got a chance to play with this fabulous sketch. My card is posted at http://poeticartistry.blogspot.com/2007/04/youre-my-superhero.html. Thanks for a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin