Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gracie 2

First things first....have you ever seen anything so weird as a ground full of snow yet it's raining and thundering?? I'm a little nervous to even be on the computer typing today's post cuz it's lightening so much!  Really, really, weird!

Ok, so.  It's good to be back.  A full week since I last posted.  I'm happy to report my mom is doing well after her surgery, but once again, she had us nervous for a while!  That woman, she and narcotics DON'T mix!  She ended up having another full knee replacement--this would be her second on the same knee in less than 5 years. The first has been giving her fits since she first got it.  It was a very difficult surgery for her doctor.  I just hope this one works!  Since she wasn't ready to go home yet, they transfered her to a rehab facility on Sunday.  We are hoping she'll be out by this weekend???  Time will only tell.  If she stops torturing the help and eats her meals like a good girl, she must might do it!

So, do you remember me telling you I joined a stamp group?  My friend Deb has been in one for a few years and she's been inviting me to join them for a little while now.  Since my mojo had been lacking so badly, I felt that it was time for me to do something about it or I would have to start selling all my stuff {GASP!!!}.  Joining this group was the answer.  I'm finally enjoying stamping again!  We meet once a month, and this past Monday was the night we met this month.  Our challenge was to make a card using the Acrylic Smash technique.  I wouldn't be lying if I told you I was not thrilled about this challenge.  I do not like to do complicated techniques (translate: messy) when it comes to making cards.  The simpler the better is my motto!  Anyway, being the trooper that I am, I gave it my best shot.  Suffice it to say, there were many attempts, but crap was all I was managing to create!  I started to panic.  What the heck was I going to bring for my swap card?  Finally, I designed something that wouldn't embarrass me too badly.  I made sure that my acrylic smash image was AS SMALL AS I COULD MAKE IT to simply things.  Anything bigger and I would have gone bonkers!

Here how my swap card turned out.  That little birdie image?  My new SU! favorite!  I love, love, love it! It's from the Of The Earth set.


We also had a group project Monday night.  It was a little photo album that was so adorable and easy. Turns out, that very day, I had some pictures developed of my mom's new kitten whom is being called Gracie.  Now, the thing is, this is the second kitty my mom has had who's name is Gracie.  About a month ago, my mom's little 7-month old kitty named Gracie died in her arms due to an infection.  It turns out, Gracie had no immune system, so she was unable to fight off the infection. My mom was devastated to say the least. Before she went in for surgery last Thursday, she found another orange kitten via a local pet adoption service, although she had never seen her, only pictures via a cell phone.  I had to drive over there last Sunday to drop off a down payment so I took some pictures of the new little kitty to bring my mom  in the hospital.  So, I was really excited to see our group project Monday night was this little photo album! I just added a few puffy letters to the front to spell GRACIE2 (Gracie Squared), and tucked the new photos inside to give to my mom when I saw her Tuesday afternoon.  Here's a picture of the new little darlin'.....isn't she sweet?

I wish I wasn't allergic to cats, because I'd have one if I could!

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. I will keep your mom in my prayers.
    Gracie 2 is sooo cute!
    The pictures in your last blog entry are really good.....wish I could take pics like that.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin