Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Great Graduation

Speaking from first hand knowledge, graduation is right around the corner (my eldest graduates this year!). It's time to start thinking about getting a bunch of cards made up for my son's friends, as well as to sell to my customers.

I didn't want all the cards I made to be "school-color-oriented", so I dug around my scrap drawer to find some papers that were sophisticated enough for both high schoolers AND college graduates. Don't get me wrong, I make lots of graduation cards using school colors. But I didn't want ALL of mine to be that way.

I love how this turned out. First off, it was simple, and can easily be mass produced. Secondly, it's a card that can easily be adapted (by using the appropriate designer paper) for either a guy or a girl. This card is obviously geared toward a woman;).

The stamp set is from SU!, the '09 are rub-ons, and the ribbon is from SU! as well. Once again, I'm blanking on the paper. I need to get better at remembering my paper lines!

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Amy

p.s. don't forget to get those taxes in the mail!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love your card and the colors you used. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    I love this card sketch for graduations. I bought this set this year and am excited about using it in many different forms. Appreciate you sharing.

    blessings~

    barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is great Amy! I have been away from blogger land for soo long now, I finally have some time to catch up on what's going on in all my peeps lives :) Glad to hear that your job is going well......your mother looks amazing!! She definitely does not look 75 :0) Keeping you in my thoughts {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic grad card! Love the glittery word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, this card is fabulous! I love the clean lines and how easily it can be changed for M/F!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you explain how you made the grad sparkle?And how you got it to show up on the black paper?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. guess who reads your blog?

    http://jbalcer.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2009/05/09/playing-favorites/

    just thought you'd like to know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Graduation Card, great sketch.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Alex from England x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin