Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Old Fashioned Santa

I've been seeing these amazing sparkly snowflakes all over blogland lately, so I thought I'd give them a try myself.

I recently bought a Martha Stewart snowflake punch at Michael's. I like it, but it makes a pretty small snowflake. I'll have to keep my eye out for a larger snowflake punch.

Anyways, to make them sparkly, I rubbed a little glue over the snowflake and then dipped it into some Diamond Dust. I love them, they look amazing!

The Santa on this card is actually a rub-on I found at Michael's for .99. It had 3 really cool Santa's and some candy canes too. I might buy a few more of them because they are so beautiful! I wish you could see the Santa IRL.

Have a great day!

Holiday Hugs,
Amy

11 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! Love your santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiousness!

    have a good week and a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiul! I just bought that punch too-love it, but a bit larger one would be nice. You sure made it beautiful and sparkly!!Have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving!
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this card--great colours and vintage feel to it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Actually Marvy punches have snow flakes now. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Amy. He is so vintage looking a wonderfully sentimental. Great job! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Amy! Love the colors, the super cool Santa rub-on and those fantastic glittery snowflakes. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. I love the sparkly snowflakes. The Santa is so great. I might have to run into Michael's tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been looking for a large snowflake also.. but settled on the MS one,too.. I'll have to improvise I guess.. Your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card, Amy! So beautiful and vintage looking. Great job and a really great idea of how to use Diamond Dust, too.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great. I am on the lookout for a bigger snowflake die or punch too so let us know where you find it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin