Friday, September 19, 2008

Precious Peas

I promised you another pea card yesterday, but I really wanted my post yesterday about God and my life to be center stage for the day. So instead, you're getting the peas today:)!!! Aren't they cute???? Remember, it's from Penny Black and you can find it here at Stamper's Dream.

If you remember, the first pea card I did I paper pieced. This one I colored with my Copics to give you another option of how to use the stamp. One is a little complicated, the other sooooo easy! It's great when you can use stamps in different ways to get two completely different looks. And since I know many of you don't care for paper piecing as much as I do, I thought I'd color with markers instead!

I'm not going to go into deep explanation about this card, it's fairly self explanatory, and I know you have other blogs to visit today. I took my color inspiration from the peas (lime green), the earth (Brocade Blue) and the Christmas hats (Real Red). My Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder saw alot of action on this card too!

Well, today I've got lots of errands to run. I'm excited to be able to watch Youngest Son play his football game at 330p this afternoon, and watch Eldest Son on the field marching tonight at the varsity football game. It's beautiful today (again), so we're anticipating a fabulous night for watching high school football!

I can't sign off without thanking everyone that left such loving comments yesterday after reading my post. I got a call minutes after I hit the "publish post" button from a pastor at my church who I had sent the link to (Hi Paster Monica!!). She called to tell me that she had been struggling coming up with something to say at an upcoming meeting later in the morning, so she had sat down at her computer when she walked into the office for the day and prayed to God to give her direction on what she should say. Then she opened up her email, saw the email from me saying "please read this today", and promptly clicked the link to my post. In the matter of a few minutes, Pastor Monica had the words and inspiration with which to address her group of women later that morning! Isn't God good? Just had to share that little story with you. I can't tell you how good it feels, through your comments, to know that, A.) I am not going through this alone, there are many of you out there experiencing pain in your life as well, and B.) so MANY of you have been praying continually for my family since our trials first began, and that gives me so much comfort! Thank you soooo much for those prayers. I am eternally grateful that I have a blog that allows me to share my thoughts and feelings! And I am soooo thankful for each and every one of you!

Hugs,
Amy

2 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin