Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bring On The Birds

I love it when I get inspired by someone else's designs! That's exactly what happened when I saw a card that Pine (Pine is Here) had made when we were at the MN SCS Summer Fest gathering last weekend. Wow, she has some really amazing work. You need to check it out after you're done ready my post, LOL!!!



Anyways, when I saw this card of hers using my favorite Hero art bird stamps (which, by the way, I haven't used in a million years!), I knew I had to case her idea. I loved how she colored her bird using SU! White Craft Ink and Copics. It actually looks like chalk. I had to ask her how she colored it!

Here is my version of Pine's card, using Taylor's sketch from last week. What a great sketch! I absolutely LOVE this paper by The Paper Company (I know, what a novel name for a company that makes paper). There's only one place here in town that carries it, and they have carried it for a long, long, time! I love that The Paper Company has stayed true to this line of papers and kept them around for so long. It comes in a multitude of different fabulous colors, AND, it's only 49 cents a sheet! I need to pull out some of my other colors, but I'm so drawn to this purple color I can't stop using it.


When it came time to color my bird, the first thing I have to note is that he's stamped on Kraft paper using Memento Ink. Then I used a Fantastix coloring tool to color the bird with the craft ink. It's the first time I've ever used one of these things, and I must say, it was really slick. I sponged it up in the ink and then colored away. It was really easy. The wings were colored with my Copics. The sentiment is from SU!.

I have to thank Pine for inspiring me last Saturday, I am really becoming drawn to her work, it's so simple but striking. Speaking of striking....take a look at this card Pine made....I saw it in real life cuz she brought it with her to the gathering last weekend. It is AMAZING, let me just say that. And let me tell you another thing....Pine sewed every one of these buttons on the card by hand. She will have it no other way. Every single button she sews on ANY card is hand sewn on. How's that for amazing????? I so have to give this button card a try....I adore it! Thanks Pine!

Well, we picked Eldest Son up from camp last night! He had such an amazing week and was talking a mile a minute about all the funny things that happened when we went to dinner. He was up there with a bunch of his best buddies, so it was an amazing experience for him. He had a cabin filled with great campers who loved him and thanked God for him every night in chapel. How special is that? Every night in chapel, Pastor invites the campers to thank God for whatever is on their hearts. You hear some really amazing praises from kids of all ages. Kids thanking God for their parents, for their dogs, for their friends, and for their awesome camp counselors. I'm sure Eric's heart was overjoyed when he heard his campers prayers for him. I am so thankful to God for working in Eric's heart, allowing him to be a light to these younger kids. It warms my heart to see the love of God growing in Eric. It was wonderful to listen to him. Every night in the cabin, the counselor holds devotions with the kids before bed. One night, was of the junior high staff members was sitting in on Eric's devo's with his campers. Before it was over, Geoff told Eric and his campers that this was the best counselor devo's he'd ever heard at camp! Praise God!

Well, this post has taken me a million years to finish with all the interuptions. I've got to get a little work done around here!

Hugs,
Amy

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:06 PM

    Glad to hear Eric had a wonderful camp experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this card. It is adorable. I visited Pine and left her a comment on her beautiful cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy! I love your version of Pine's card, it was fun to see you on Saturday! I love the paper you used on the thank you card and you used the same paper on your shoebox swap card which was fabulous! Where can I get this paper?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin