Friday, February 15, 2008

Flowers & A Sketch

Sorry for being away so long! I haven't had any time to stamp this week, so I had nothing to share with you. Such a bummer.

But, I finally got to stamp a little bit yesterday though. Earlier this week, my new SU sets came in the mail so I got to play with those a little bit! I ordered so many sets, yikes! One of my favorites is Morning Soft, which is a picture of a blooming Morning Glory. Now, the photos I'm sharing with you today are not of Morning Glories, but of one of my Clamatis plants! I don't know what the name of this Clematis is, but the blooms are HUGE, and are a light lavender color. Right outside my front door, I have a Jackmanii Clematis, which has smaller, dark purple blossoms. Seeing this pictures again makes me ache for spring!

Literally, I think the blossoms on this clematis plant span 6 inches!!!

In honor of all the beautiful flowers we'll watch bloom in a few months, I made this card for you using Morning Soft. I stamped the flower on watercolor paper using black Stazon.

Then I spritzed the paper and started painting it using my aqua brush and Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, and Lovely Lilac inks. Once I was finished painting, I spritzed the image again and let it seep outside the lines of the flower. The main designer paper (green) is from Scribble Scribble (Verve Visual). I'm not sure where I got the purple polka dot paper--it was a scrap, of course! For the sentiment, I punched an oval out of some watercolor paper, and then applied Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant ink to it after I had spritzed it with some water. It dried in a few minutes, and then I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Black Onyx ink. It is attached to the front of the card with dimensional tape.

Since I love how this card turned out, I decided to make it into a sketch for you to use if you want to! If you happen to use it, drop me a link to it so I can see what you've done!





I hope you all have a great day today. I have a business lunch at noon with my rep from one of the local tv stations here, then I can come home and stamp a little bit.

Hubby is doing a little freelance engineering this weekend and will be traveling to Madison, WI for the Gopher/Badger basketball game. He leaves today and will be back tomorrow evening, relatively early since it's an afternoon game.

Hugs,

Amy

12 comments:

  1. i like this, and it reminds me of a clematis vine that climbed all over an old iron headboard that my neighbor had in her garden. it didn't bloom for YEARS, but she never yanked it out. one year, it decided to up and produce blooms! were we ever excited and surprised.

    have missed your postings, so i'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:58 PM

    A beautiful card. Thanks for letting us use the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful...nothing like new rubber to rejuvenate you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers & your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:42 AM

    Amy,

    I think the other clematis is "The President". If you do a google some screens show a darker purple flower, but some show a lighter purple which is similar to the one I have. My clematis is about 14 years old so I think this was a more popular type during that time.

    HTH

    Deb-doodles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. here is my card, I read your blog daily. Your card is beautiful.
    www.susanscornor.blogspot.com. Thanks for looking. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your back! Love this card and thank you so much for posting the sketch to go along with it! I will definitely be using this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my this is just absolutely GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so beautiful, and you did such a wonderful job coloring that image!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is my card using your sketch very simply!
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/817927?cat=500&ppuser=132530

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's a card that I did inspired with your sketch. Thank you!

    http://inkcicles.blogspot.com/2008/02/more-of-my-tourist-town.html

    Smiles,
    ~Nancy Grant

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin