Wednesday, January 23, 2008

See, I know how to stamp!

Ok peeps. Check out how much designer paper I used on this card...one tiny strip right across the bottom of the card!

I think I made this card to prove to myself that I can stamp as well as the next chicky in line. Remember my tangent last week on stampers vs. scrapper card makers? And how I felt bad that I was sort of an "in-the-middle cardmaker...using both stamps AND paper? Shortly after writing that, I set out to prove to myself that I could make a card with virtually no designer paper if I wanted to, even though it wouldn't be any fun for me!!

Truth be told, I love designer paper, and I'll always use it. I love the heft it adds to a card (this one feels sort of flimsy), and I love the added color and dimension paper gives cards. That aside, I'm pleased with how the card turned out.

I wanted to play again with the tree stamps Asela Hopkins sent me a few weeks ago. Asela is the artist behind these tree stamps that are sold at Cornish Heritage Farms. Usually, I just use the stamps as is, but this time, I wanted to add "leaves" or "green" to Asela's tree using a sponge dauber. What fun, bringing a tree to life!! The grass beneath the tree was sponged on with the dauber as well, using Old Olive Ink. I used my French Script background stamp over the tree for some dimension. I also used the Weathered background stamp on the Old Olive card base. I can honestly say, I have never used my background stamps as much in one day as I did on this card! I'm not a huge background stamp lover, for whatever reason, but I knew I needed them for this project! The card was in desperate need of color, so that's why I broke and added the tiny strip of designer paper across the bottom of the card. The oval metal embellishment was something I've had on-hand for forever and a day, and was the perfect touch to spice this card up a bit.

I hope you enjoyed my little personal challenge card! I do, believe it or not. I love Asela's tree stamps and can't wait to make some more cards with them. They are so versatile!

Well, today is BSF day. I've got to get moving and have some breakfast with my little guy before he heads off to school. Eldest son has semester finals all this week, so keep him in your prayers!

Hugs,
Amy

13 comments:

  1. Amy,
    The card is beautiful but it is a little "light" on the top. Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone. Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous!! There was never a doubt in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stamped card, your tree has a soft, green glow and the french script stamped over it added texture. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. I've been thinking about that stamp. You did an awesome job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the best cardmakers are ones that can "do it all" and you certainly fit that description. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an absolutely beautiful card amy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm, I totally think I'm a scrapper-card maker. Your card is great and you have inspired me to take on the challenge as well. Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:25 AM

    Amy - this card is beautiful! You did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. You added some lovely details (French Script, Oval Embellishment, Strip of bright designer paper) that all make this card go together so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Amy! The end result is what matters...., and not how much or how little DP you use. You certainly have it goin' girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:50 AM

    Amy your are so talented! I love what you have done with the tree stamps. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card, I really like how you used the french script over the tree, it really added to the card!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin