Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I'm Seeing Stars!

I just couldn't stop making cards when Julee sent me the five new Verve stamps sets that are debuting tomorrow! Seriously. Do I look like I'm pulling your leg? Do I look like I'm trying to hold back a smirk saying that? I can assure you, my statement is 100% TRUE, I'm not pulling your leg, nor am I smirking whatsoever! These stamps are SOOOOOOO cool.

Have you heard that all the new stamps sets from Verve will now be made from clear photopolymer, and that each and every one stamps amazingly clear and sharp? Did you hear that there are 3 star sets (Polka Star, Seeing Stars, Swirly Stars) and 2 heart sets (Wild Thing and Heart to Heart) that will be debuted tomorrow?

For the card I'm sharing with you today, I wanted to take a non-traditional route with the stamps for a little change up. I wanted it to take on a distressed, old look instead of a bright, happy look typically associated with stars. The stars on this card are from the Seeing Stars set.First, I took a vanilla tag and aged it up with an Adirondack paint dauber in Lettuce. Then I rubbed Ranger's Distress Ink in Walnut and Tea Stain all over the tag. Next, I stamped a few stars with Versamark over the tag and poured heat and stick on top, heated them, and then sprinkled on glitter for some sparkle. The sentiment, also from Seeing Stars, was stamped on a scrap piece of designer paper and then aged as well. I took my edge distresser all the way around the edge of the tag to give it an even more rustic, beat-up look! Finally, I stamped more stars on Basic Grey designer paper, cut them out and mounted on top of the tag with dimensional tape.

Trust me when I say, you're going to want all five sets for your own collection! I'm not pulling your leg. I told you that earlier in this post. Have I ever steered you wrong before? NO! You will come back to these sets time and time again! Remember, the stamps debut tomorrow!

In other news, this week marks the week I head back to BSF. I am so thankful for that. I missed the discipline this bible study demands of me. We've had three weeks off, but getting started again was pretty easy. Yeah! The hubby has been gone the past few days working on behalf of Habitat For Humanity. The home he's been working on is in southern MN and was demolished by floods this past summer. He'll be home later this afternoon. It was nice to have him out of the house for a few days. I'm sure it did his soul good to be away too! Hopefully when he gets back God will bless him with a job.

Has anyone reading this picked their "word" for 2008 yet? Check out this post by Ali Edwards at {A}. It's all about choosing a "word" that you can focus on throughout the year that will help you achieve all it is you want to achieve. She encourages you to journal about it, create art about it, and in general, allow the word to inspire you and help you grow in 2008. I read about this whole deal in 07, but never participated on a personal level. But this year is different. I want to be in control of this year in the best way I can, through a positive and focused attitude. I want something to focus on when the going gets rough (which it already is), and when I'm feeling overwhelmed and powerless. So, I've decided that my "word" for 2008 is going to be "TRIUMPH".

In 2008, I want to TRIUMPH over:

  • Unemployment
  • Weight/Exercise
  • Prayer
  • Grief
  • Self-doubt
  • Negative Thoughts

I want 2008 to be a year of wonderful growth, for me, my husband, and my boys. I'm almost tempted to pick a word for all of them as well, a word that I will focus on praying for them in 2008. Stay tuned for more on that.

Well, I've got to run have breakfast with Youngest Son.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Amy, you are amazing. Reading your blog every day continues to inspire and reassure me that anything is possible with the right attitude. Thanks. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great list to Triumph over! With prayer on the list you can surely succeed. To TRIUMPH over Satan is key and he keeps so many negative things in our lives (and in our heads!!).

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the card you made today. I MUST get some Verve sets. They are adorable.

    Have a triumphant week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:40 AM

    HI AMY! I love your blog, it gives me great inspiration spiritualy and creativly! my word for 2008 is " DON'T!" I am my worst enemy in the fact that I criticize anything and everything I do, this goes for my crafts and my life! So from this point forward I say " DON'T!" Thanks so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic word choice Amy! And I'm sure you will triumph over your entire list! Love your new blog look, it's fabulous! It matches your wonderful cards! Love your cards with the new verve release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like the card and esp. the sentiment, and i really like your word for 2008. i have been mulling this idea over for awhile, and mine is RISK. i really like the idea of choosing a word for each member of your family and praying that for each one.

    you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:17 PM

    I really appreciate your sharing your word. I've been thinking about a word all day. I've picked HEAL. My DH passed away in October and this word is the process that I must go through now. My art and seeing others' art is a big step in healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous, Amy! Best wishes with your "word"!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous creation Amy! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin