Thursday, December 06, 2007

Catch Up Day

I'm glad to see that people really are still reading the blogs this time of year. It's been so quiet around here but then you came out in droves yesterday to assure me that yes, you are still reading! That's good news! As long as you're reading, I'll be writing! Maybe I'll take a day or two off here or there, but for the most part, I'm in for the long haul.

You've only got two more day to cast your vote on what I should serve for dinner on Christmas Day! It's neck and neck between "Turkey and all the fixin's" and an "appetizer buffet". Actually, "appetizer buffet" has recently seen a surge of votes, so it's now in the lead! My preference is still the shredded pork sandwiches for some strange reason, and I see it's finally starting to pick up a few votes! Yippee! Appetizers would be my second choice since we did those last year. Whatever we decided, I know the food vultures in my family will eat anything I lay in front of them! No one is that picky here, so I'm thankful for that.

I made my second batch of carmel corn yesterday, and I was lucky enough to get three gift bags filled with it before my family decended upon it. They were NOT pleased that I was sending it off to my blogging friends! So, if you are lucky enough to get a bag from me for Christmas, consider yourself blessed that it actually got out of my house! Anyone able to make their own batch yet? Let me know if you have and what you think......


I decided to share a card today that wasn't Christmas or winter related. Instead, I'm sharing this card I made for our best friends in thanks for their support during my MIL's funeral, and for their memorial contribution. I wanted to make it more "manly" since it will be coming directly from my husband, since it's his mother that died. I like the simplicity of it, and the colors most notably. So calm and soothing, aren't they? There's nothing really special about the card, no fancy schmancy techniques, so I won't go into details. If you see something you have a question about, drop me a line.

I've been blessed recently to have recieved a few RAK's from special blogging friends. This first card is from Stef at Ingenious Inkling! Stef made this card for my Scrap Stash Saturday challenge a month or so ago. She stepped up to the plate and took it on in grand style! I loved her card the moment I saw it, and looky....she sent it to me!!! Thanks Stef!! It's beautiful! I've got to get back to my Scrap Stash Saturday cards, don't I? They have kind of fallen by the wayside now that my weekends are all about traveling basketball! This second RAK is from the uber talented Lila Holgate! She's on the Verve Design Team with me and this girl can rock it with stamps and paper! Will you LOOK at this amazing star card????? I mean really, is this woman over-the-top talented, or what? AND, she sent me these Rockstar Gems too! I simply MUST get my Rockstar paper out and make something with these!!!! Thank you Lila, you're the best!
And finally, I received this last card from Taylor VanBruggen over at Taylored Expressions last week. I recently won some blog candy from her (thanks Taylor!!) and she sent this card along as a thank you for a little gift I made for her when she was in town for the Mall of America Scrapfest in September (or was it August????). Anyways, can you believe I have a Taylor ORIGINAL in my hot little hands? It's everything you'd think and expect from a Taylor card! Hugs Taylor! Well, my radio buy is almost done! Woo-hoo! It feels SOOOOOO great to have that nearly under my belt! It's a 52 week radio buy for the Minneapolis market and it's taken me forever to finish. The only bad thing is that now I have to get started on the 52 week TV buy next. I think I'll take most of today off from "work" and stamp a little bit, I desperately need to create for a while. Tonight we are going to my brother's house for a little holiday dinner, so we're looking forward to that. It's at my brother's house who lives only about 8 miles from me, we live in the same community, but whom I rarely see due to our busy lives. I see his wife, my SIL, every week at BSF, but it will still be great to hang out and relax with them for a little while without the rest of my family there goofing around (which is what we do when we all get together!). We've got more basketball this weekend, not to mention the boys have their church Christmas concert on Sunday evening! I can't wait, it's a beautiful service, perfect for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ! The music is amazing!

Well, it's time to cut it loose for the day. Have a great one!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:12 AM

    Okay, maybe you've said this somewhere and I missed it or I'm just a little slow, but what is a radio buy??

    Thanks for hanging in there for the long haul. I still check almost every day.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your manly card! Gorgeous! You received some beautiful RAKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're still with us. I love the simplicity of the card, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card you made for your friends is so pretty ... you're right, the colors are calming. Oh and I want to vote for the pork sandwiches! My hubby would be so thrilled if I made that too ... hmmmm ... maybe I should! My family is going to be here christmas day and they would all enjoy it (last year we did burgers on the grill at my brothers - yes, we grilled in the snow and it was fabulous! We even had home-made potato salad and baked beans.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy - I LOVE the thank you card. It's beautiful, soft and yet striking. You do such great work and you amaze me because you have such a wide range of colors and techniques you do so well. Thanks for sharing your inspiraton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy! I'm still reading too, just not every day. I've been playing catch up on my blog reading yesterday and today. Doing a lot of skimming. So, keep it up please. Your card is really perfect for the occassion, serene but the teal keeps it from being depressing, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is simply beautiful. Love the colors. And your RAKs are fabulous too. That card by Lila looks amazing. Have fun stamping today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to look for that popcorn here on the west coast. It doesn't look familiar, but then again, I try not to go down the chip aisle too often! ;) Looks like a great recipe to try though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your thank you card is so beautiful, and I love all of your RAK's as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your "non-Christmas" card! The colors are beautiful and BTW, I think an appetizer bar sounds like a lot more fun than a traditional meal like turkey and dressing. Just my opinion... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy -
    I know I'm missing something here, but I'm trying to email you and I can't find your email address. I'd love to chat with you a bit so if you would email me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is absolutely beautiful. I am so very sorry about the passing of your mother-in-law.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and so appropriate. I am so sorry to hear of your mother in law.

    How cool would it be to receive a bag of carmel corn in the mail? I am a weight watcher so hate to make something I would eat a ton of and I would. This would be perfect! The lucky recipients will be so grateful

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is perfect, Amy! So much beauty posted on one blog. . . :-D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin