Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Basic Grey Clear Stamps



I was fortunate to be able to buy some of the new Basic Grey Clear stamp sets recently (thanks Julee!). They are so adorable! Unfortunately, I'm not totally impressed with the quality of the impression once you put the stamp to paper. And oh my, do they have an odor to them! Honest to Pete, they smell like Compound W!!! Have you ever smelled Compound W? I opened my package in front of my girlfriend last weekend and she thought so too! Once they had a chance to air out though, the smell went away. In addition, many of the stamps were still attached for some reason. Not initially knowing this, I tore one of the stamps when I tried to pull it off! Bummer. If you buy these, be careful to not just willy-nilly pull a stamp off thinking it's not attached to anything else, cuz chances are, it is!

This is a card I made for my SIL's birthday, which is coming up 12/2. The paper is from MME, and the flourish on the main panel is from my Basic Grey/Winterland set. I LOVE this flourish! It's beautiful! The sentiment is from SU. Very simple layout, nothing original, but I still love how it turned out! I hope she likes it!

Well, yesterday was a blur. I never did get to work on my freelance buys. Ugh. Not good. I had to work on my Webster's project all day, get allergy shots, and then work on my BSF lesson. This morning I've got my leadership meeting, and then I plan on coming home to work on my buys. I have to. No ifs, ands or buts. It's got to be done.

Thanks for all the nice comments yesterday on my Christmas tree! You guys rock!

Hugs,
Amy

11 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card! Thanks for the heads up on the Basic Grey stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card!! I'll have to check out that stamp too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your honest opinion. I bought my first PaperTrey stamps recently and they have such a strong, weird odor!! Is that normal?? I don't know what Compound W is, but, these stamps were really smelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I haven't opened mine yet, but I'll pull out the nose plugs when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Amy! And THANK YOU so much for the baby card! I just LOVE it! Thank you so much for thinking of us! I really appreciate it! You are such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...so pretty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This card really shines. I love all the colors together a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They may be hard to work with, but I sure love the results you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! I love the PP with that flourish! You know, I have a "collection" of polymer stamp sets and, yes, I agree, many are smelly! You just can't beat the smell of good ole red rubber! We have had major computer issues since August. For some strange reason, whenever I clicked on to your blog it bogged down my whole computer (did this on Beate John's blog, also.) Now DH has built a new computer and I am so excited to be able to visit once again! I am so sorry to hear about the rough times you and your family are having and, please, know you are in my prayers. If you do not mind, would you send me your postal address? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:22 AM

    Hi there Amy

    darling! darling! LOVE the card, the stamp, etc.

    As always sooooooo very talented! I want to play with your stamps girl! Can you come over to play?

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the heads up on the stamps. I had just ordered all 3 of their new sets. I hate that they did not stamp well..I noticed with some stamps set it takes 3 times to stamp even to get a complete image. I had that experience with MFT stamps, but then I changed inks. I was using STAYZ ON and switched to Brilliance Ink and it worked wonderfully. I will let you know if it works when I get them in the mail. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin