Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm Taking Care of Myself!



Look what I did yesterday afternoon! I joined this place..it is the Hilton of fitness clubs in this area and I live only 2 minutes away from it. That's right. I joined Lifetime Fitness, cuz I'm going to get in shape. It's time to take care of this body again. I have hemmed and hawed about joining since it opened a few months ago. I already belonged to Healthworks for Women, but it was basically only self motivated exercise machines. Their aerobics classes sucked. For me to work out well, I need to be motivated by a great teacher and a fun class. I actually worked out last night in a water class called Hydro Training! Wow, my whole body is sore and tired this morning, but I'll tell you, I'll get in shape in no time taking this class! I am SO HAPPY I did this for myself yesterday. It was a much needed mental and physical fix for me.

I don't have much time to chit chat this morning as I have to go get ready to be with my Mom and Dad at the hospital. Mom's surgery starts at 9a. It's about a 45 minute drive there in rush hour, so I'll leave by 8, hopefully. Working out last night put my brain in a better place to handle this.

An update on the photo album I made Muriel. When we visited her Monday, she was pretty alert. I showed her the book and I could tell in her eyes she loved it. I went through page by page with her reminding her of when each of the pictures was taken and where we were. She still can't speak with the trache, so unfortunately, Muriel got so sad throughout my visit. She kept trying to communicate with me, but outside of "I love you" I couldn't understand what she was trying to say. She would cry when that happened, and I felt so sad for her. When it came time to go, I held up the photo book and showed her where I was going to leave it, and she communicated with me that she didn't want me to leave it there, she wanted it on the bedside next to her. That action alone told me how she felt about what I had done for her. Chokes me up.

Here's a card I want to share with you that I made a few weeks ago. Now seems the right time to share it because your outpouring of love and support yesterday overwhelmed me. I am so lucky I have this community of sisters that mean so much to me. I don't have any sisters, only brothers, so I don't say that lightly. Thank you for everything you do to lift me up! I will be back later to give you an update on my Mom's surgery.

Hugs,
Amy

22 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Way to go! I hope that you will love your new workout facility! Last year my mother and sister were both diagnoed with cancer in the same week. I felt overwhelmed with worry.I understand how you are feeling.
    "Trust in the Lord and he will lift you up"
    I love this card and I always love the bright colors that you use. Your family will be in my prayers.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Your Mom, MIL and family will be in my thoughts. Here's hoping for nothing but good news today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're already gone for the hospital, but I wanted to comment anyway. What a wise choice, joining Lifetime! Good for you! That was probably the best thing you could've done for your mental health and your physical health.

    Praying for strength for you as you face this day. You are not alone; underneath, holding you, are the everlasting arms of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Praying for your Mom today. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Exercise is so good for you when you're down mentally - it really lifts the spirits & I think you're right, it helps you cope better. Love the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A huge hug going out to you Amy, I know how hard it is going through medical things with your family, especially your parents. I wish all your blog friends could be with you today, lifting you up. Please keep us posted. {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:01 AM

    AMY, I will keep you, your mom and dad, and all your family in my prayers all day today more than I do everyday. You are the mainstay of your family and you need to care for yourself. I am glad you found a health club that can help you rejunivate. God' Blessings on you today in this stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear about all the stuff that is going on...when it rains it pours doesn't it? I will keep you in my thougths...and hope everyone's tests come out ok. Hang in there! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:23 AM

    So glad to hear that Muriel was able to enjoy your beautiful album and to let you know what it meant to her! You can be sure that she'll be trying to tell the doctors and nurses about her wonderful family and what they mean to her while whe shows off her beautiful album.

    Pray all goes well on your mom's operation today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll say a little prayer for you and your mom today. Love this cheery little card. Congrats on doing something so worthwhile for yourself. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Said a little prayer for you and your family and the doctors this morning. Hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hang in there today. I am so proud that you are pushing yourself to look after you (we often forget that in the midst of looking after other don't we?) I hope between the gym and crafting you can relieve some stress. Hugs and more hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:12 AM

    Amy,

    Keeping your entire family in my prayers.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Amy, I was devestated to hear (read) your latest news. I'm so sorry and am sending good vibes your way (and your parent's way too). Don't ever feel that you can't let your blog readers down by sharing sad stuff...that's what a blog is for---to showcase your news, good AND bad.

    Love the card and am glad to hear Murial likes her photo album...how could she not? *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad that the album meant so much to her. I'll be prayin for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. good for you! Can you come over here and give me the kick in the pants I need???lol! Glad to hear of Muriels' response to your album....I will be praying for her today. Lovely card as always too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy... hi there! ;)

    That Deanna! She sure is a sweetie!
    It's a small world, huh?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me your info. That's so neat to know another local cyber girl. Seems I'm a slave to my computer! I really should get out more. :)

    Do you live in Farmington?

    Great to hear from you! Keep in touch! (I bookmarked your blog so will check in on ya, too!)

    Hugs,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  18. way to go! I know you can stick with it. It looks just like the ones by my house. Do you live in Houston :)

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous8:10 PM

    Love the card! Great colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good for you for taking of yourself, Amy! I hope your Mom's surgery went well, and continue you pray for you all!

    Muriels' response to your album brought tears to my eyes...how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute. I love your layout. I am from MN too. I live in CA for the pasy 4 years but MN is my home.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Best Wishes for your mother. Let us know how she is!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin