Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Have a Special Day

Boy, did we have a thunder-boomer last night! It was a lightening and rain extravaganza, with hail to boot! Yikes!

We went to bed last night after turning the news off, but the bulk of the storms were to be north of where we live. There was some heat lightening when we finally turned off the light, but no rain. Next thing I know I'm being woken by the hubster looking out the window, and then further awoken by the tornado sirens (which by the way, go off every time there is a sever thunderstorm warning, not just for tornados). Whevever I hear it go off, I always wonder if there's a tornado right down the street that I'm not responding to....and then promptly turn over and go back to sleep. It was a noisy one last night, but neither of the boys woke up.

I had stamped these MFT images a few months ago but never got around to coloring them until just recently. I have discovered recently that I'm not a stamper that likes to color much, which explains why these images sat for so long. I don't know, I guess I just haven't found any coloring medium that I really love, and I'm too cheap to invest in the Copics. I see that Beate is selling hers, so if you're interested, hop on over to her blog. She's selling her whole collection for $300. They are virtually brand new and never been used (she used them a little bit, but not much). My prisma pencils are nice, but I'm still not very motivated to color alot. That surprised me because I used to love to color when I was a little girl. I think that I'm just not very good at it which discourages me from continuing to do it more.

Anyways, I colored the birthday girl and cake from MFT using colors that would match my polka dot American Craft paper. Isn't the paper fab? Love all the colors. Speaking of color, my article is up on Craft Critique today, be sure and go on over and read it. It's a review on a book called Color Harmony for Better Living. I've had the book forever, and it's one that you should consider adding to your collection if you're an artist working with color everyday (which, ahem, is ALL of you!). I colored the image using my Prismas, and then matted it with the OTHER side of the polka dot paper, so the colors would be consistant. It was then adhered to the polka dot paper and the whole thing was glued to the front panel of the card (Pumpkin Pie). The scalloped border at the bottom of the AC paper is also the other side of the polka dot paper. I punched holes in each scallop for some detail. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and was stamped on Very Vanilla. I mounted it on a circle scallop punched out of the OTHER side of the polka dot paper as well. And last but not least, I can't forget the green polka dot ribbon tied at the bottom of the card! So cheery and happy, isn't it? I love happy.

Let's see, what am I forgetting to tell you today? I feel like I'm definitely forgetting something. Mmmmm, it's not coming to me. Looks like I'll have to post again if it suddenly comes to me in the next few hours. In the meantime, have a great day. Do something special for yourself today, you deserve it!

Hugs,
Amy

7 comments:

  1. i know how you feel about the whole coloring thing. i like the crayons from SU!, but haven't invested in them yet, and i'm not pleased with how the watercolor pencils blend with the aquapainter. besides that, my dh would DIE if i spent $300 on markers!

    did you forget to tell us about the water aerobics class at LT, or about your mom's progress since her surgery, or about what's new with Muriel? stinks to lose brain cells, doesn't it? i feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to be back on the blurfing bandwagon...your card today is so wonderful...bright and fun. Just what I needed to see. I read your article and it is AWESOME (as always)

    Are you teasing us with that last bit??? Do you have news for us??? Do Tell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another bright and beautiful card! I love it. Coloring was one of my favorite things as a kid, but I've shied away from it in stamping until the last 6 months or so. I recently read this little tutorial at Inky Antics about prismacolor pencils and the technique suddenly made sense to me. I thought investing in the Stampin Up markers was expensive (though it ended up being so worth it), so I don't see Copics in my future, either. :) Hugs!
    -Julee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:48 PM

    Your card is gorgeous, Amy! I love to come to your blog and oohhh and aaahhhh over your cards! Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring looks very nice to me, and I love the paper and scalloping! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, your "Thunder boomer" comment made me laugh very loud and wake the hubby up. I have never heard anyone say that except for my Mom. Thanks for the laugh (hubby'll get over it), Ha!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another pretty card from you. I just bought this set last week and it is still sitting on my desk. I do like to color but have not had much time to make as many cards as I would like.

    Sorry to hear about your thunderstorms. I know how scary they can be.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin