Monday, August 27, 2007

Happy Monday!

Wow, is it ever a dreary morning out there today. We had a big storm last night and it appears it's going to be stormy for the rest of the day! We were lucky and got two decent days out of the weekend, so for that I'm thankful. Outside of Saturday and Sunday though, it's rained or been gloomy for about 10 straight days. Yuck! Besides the weather, I still consider today a happy Monday!

Why? Because today is the day I am hoping to announce the winner of my business card contest. You guys did such a great job on your cards, I'm so proud of all of you! I heard so many positive comments about it. Many of you had been planning on doing something like this for so long anyways and the contest was the impetus to get you motivated enough to do it! Way to go! You chicky's rock this blog!

I do have a few light housekeeping things to take care of this morning Remember those refridgerator magnets I altered a few weeks ago and then gave away to three lucky winners? Shelly, Adelle, and Beth were the three lucky ladies to win one of the altered frames. Unfortunately, I only heard back from Adelle. I will give Beth and Shelly the rest of the today to "claim" their prize, and if I don't hear from them, I'll re-draw two more names! Adelle, I have not put your frame in the mail yet, I was holding off until I could send all out at the same time (I hate making multiple trips to the post office--not the funnest place in the world), but life got in the way and I forgot that I hadn't heard from the others yet. I have not forgotten about you, Adelle, honest!!!

Secondly, now that school is slated to start, I plan on bringing back some of my weekly features. I am definitely bringing back Scrap Stash Saturdays. It's my personal favorite, because it stretches me more than anything ever has before. And it's the feature that never ceases to amaze you guys either! I just LOVE showing you what can be done with all those scraps overtaking our craft rooms! Now for the bad news.....I am slightly less inclined to bring back Super Sketch Sunday's because there are so many bloggers doing sketches now that I'm not sure people will have the energy to be doing mine on Sunday's after they've already done all the other sketch challenges earlier in the week (sorry about that run-on sentence!!!). I'm just really torn...

Another feature I'm thinking about having is Two for One Tuesdays. Each Tuesday, I'll feature two cards instead of one. Most likely it will be two cards featuring all the same paper, stamps, and embellishments, but in different ways. I am also toying with the idea of a feature that showcases altered items. I just need to come up with a cool name for it (unforunately there are no days of the week that begin with the letter "a".....). If you've got any cool name ideas, email me and let me know!

Now that I've got the housekeeping out of the way, here's the card I'm sharing with you today! It's a fairly easy layout, so no reason to give you detailed instructions. The paper is from Cosmo Cricket (Verve) and the flower stamp is by Paper Inspirations. The sentiment is Hero Arts. Doesn't the Cosmo paper get you in the mood for fall? I'm definitely there. I'm in the process of making some "summer" cards for a pub call, and I'm so OVER bright, sunny colors. That's what you get for living in MN, where the seasons are so pronounced and concise! There's no mistaking there's a nip in the air and fall is right around the corner!

I'll leave you today with a few photos from this weekend. I took the boys on a picnic with the sole intent of taking some photographs. Oh, how they hate that. They, of course, were hamming it up whenever they could, rendering the photo useless at times! But they sure had a good time doing it! Aren't they handsome lads? I sure think so!

This is how the photo session basically got started....they were standing side by side with their arms around each other and I told them to put their heads together. This is what I got. Literally, they put their heads together. Dorks. Always trying to torture their Mother. But I love them anyways! What mother couldn't love faces as adorable as these guys?



This is Youngest Son happy after a Subway lunch....


I don't know what happened here, but I love how this shot turned out....



The boys think it's so funny to "pose", so that's what they were doing in this shot, and about 20 more after it....



I did manage to get this handsome shot of Eldest Son by a nice big tree!



The boys couldn't resist showing off their "manliness"....all 90.8 and 140 pounds of it!




Have a great Monday!

Hugs,
Amy

14 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I am thrilled that you will be bringing back scrap stash saturdays...I LOVE that feature. (You rock it and it is totally original!)

    Your card is so beautiful. I love the way you can convey a mood just by the color you use...you are the Queen of that.

    Your boys are wonderful. It is seeing things like this that actually make me miss teaching in the high school classroom...they are so full of energy and enthusiasm...and I really love their sense of humor! (just like mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:01 AM

    What a gorgeous card, Amy! I really love the colors.

    I also like your scrap stash Saturdays. You are such an inspiration!

    I agree, you do have two very good looking/handsome boys! I love how the appear to interact with each other - brothers, but friends for life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:02 AM

    I love the new colors of your blog and the header (is that what it's called) Thanks for sharing the photos of you boys. My 4 yr old saw your sons hat and said Hook Em Horns and made the signal with his hand. Just had to share. BTW I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Amy! I am so sorry but I cannot find your e-mail address on your blog to e-mail you my snail mail address. Would you mind either e-mail me at beththomas@knology.net or leave a comment on my blog at http://astampingoodtime.blogspot.com. I somehow missed the original announcement which is odd because I love your blog and visit each day. I was so excited to see my name today! Thanks so much, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and the beautiful papers you used!! Awesome pictures of your handsome boys too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries Amy! Now if you just will wait a few more days so I can forget again, I'll be surprised when it lands in my mailbox :)
    Glad to see your bringing back scrap stash Sat. I also enjoy seeing your remakes of your older cards too (was it flashback Fri?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:38 PM

    Scrap stash Saturdays!! Scrap stash Saturdays!! Scrap stash Saturdays!!!!! Woohoo! Can't wait to see it's return. I second Colleen S's comment, this feature is so completely original and AWESOME!
    Your boys are so darn funny!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:59 PM

    May I humbly suggest "Make it Beautiful Mondays" for the altered item day?
    I too am excited to see the return of scrap stash Saturday. I am way too anal to do it myself - if no one is watching I would totally put back the ones that didn't "match" - But I love watching you do it! - Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Amy your card is DELICIOUS! Love these yummy fall colors and the pics of your boys are just awesome. I love all the personality you capture in the photos. Can't wait to see some more scrap stash saturdays and Two for Tuesdays sounds like fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Love the new look on your blog! What great looking boys you have!
    NancyS (momsnack)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:50 PM

    Amy, what a wonderful card. I love it. The colors, the papers, the set, the layout...everything.
    Your boys are so fun! thanks for sharing the hilarious pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card...but your boys had me smiling! Loved all their fancy poses! Handsome young men...you must be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I 2nd, 3rd, 4th... all the comments so far. I'm pretty new at this and already have scraps from failed (and a few successful) attempts. Stamping friends also passed theirs on to me to play with, so I'm looking forward to the "use it or lose it" scrap feature. The guys are cuteys (and tell them they are, indeed, very manly). As a fellow redhead, I was influenced by that, of course. How about Makeover Mondays for your altered items name?

    rebecca (ceadmile00@msn.com)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great pictures Amy!! They are adorable and I know you are such a proud momma!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin