Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Now What?


Gosh, I barely know what to post now that the {Caardvarks} 10 Day 10K Challenge is over! I feel sort of "lost" out here with no direction. It was nice having them tell me what to make everyday so I could post something on my blog! Just kidding ya. It sure was nice to be able to focus on the {Caardvarks} challenge while things were so stressful here at home. I'm not sure I would have been able to get anything done were I left to my own devices.

Isn't this little ladybug a cutie-patootie? I made this as a thank you for a woman up at camp (where I just went to visit Eldest Son) that sent me some delicious goodies not too long ago (goodies in the form of food, which in my book, ALWAYS deserves a special thank you!). I found out this past weekend that she took a bad fall last week off a deck and broke her ankle. She was headed to the Mayo Clinic when I was up at camp so I didn't get to see her give the card to her in person. I was bummed!

The colors of this card are so fun. I dipped into my every growing scrap drawer to come up with the fun Basic Grey paper. I used that as a jumping off point for the color of my ladybug (Cool Caribbean). The green scallop at the top is the back of some other designer paper (I think it might be Crate?), which matched the green in the Basic Grey perfectly.

I don't have the smaller scalloped oval punch, OR the bigger scalloped oval punch, so I used my CM Cutting System to cut a larger oval shape to go around the scallop. I used my paper piercer to pierce around the scallop on the pink mat. On the Whisper White scallop, I stamped a small portion of the ladybug trail and then stamped the sentiment right next to the trail. Right above the sentiment, I adhered the ladybug (with dimensional tape). The antennas are made with wire, which I wrapped around my paper piercing tool to curl! The last thing I did to finish the card off was punch two holes at the top scallop and tie a green and white polka dot ribbon through them. It was a really simple card to make, and I hope my friend, Bev, who I made it for, likes it!

No new news on Muriel. Unfortunately. The one thing I wanted to say to all of you this morning is that I'm sorry my blog has been such a downer lately. The one thing you probably have discovered by now is that I wear my heart on my sleeve. When things aren't going well in my life, I have a hard time not letting those feelings seep into the rest of the areas of my life. Some people can keep things very well compartmentalized, but I'm not one of them. So, when I come here and blog, I can't pretend everything is alright in this area of my life and then ignore what's happening in the rest of it. I'm sure I've lost a few readers because of it, and I totally understand that. Some people just don't like reading downer stuff. But, here at Heartfelt Greetings, you will get the good, the bad, and the ugly! I can't change for the few people that don't like my style. It is who I am, and I'm guessing that the majority of you will take me just as I am. And for that, here's a great big hug!!!! Your cheerful comments and heartfelt prayers the past month have lifted me and sustained me during the dark moments. I'm so blessed to have you guys!

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs,
Amy

p.s I haven't posted any fun pictures lately, so here are a few today. The first picture is from Youngest Son's baseball game last Friday. It's not my son, it's one of his teammates. But don't you love it? You can see the dust from the ball as it whizzes right below his feet! Good thing he can move fast! The second picture is of one of the bat boys on the team. His brother is actually in the picture above! This little guy is SO photogenic and loves to have his picture taken! I love how powerful this picture is. His eyes are so piercing and I feel like they are looking deep into my soul!!

17 comments:

  1. Love the card, colors and papers are great and that action shot is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Okay, so I just want you to know that I love your blog! I love that you share pictures of your family and talk about what is going on in your life. I think that we may be alot alike in many ways. Keep up the good work and just be yourself! Those of us that keep returning love you just the way you are!
    Judy
    p.s. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! Of course we love to hear how you are doing and understand any difficult times you are dealing with right now. I doubt you even lose readership of those not interested. To be blunt, I'm sure some just skim over personal info. if they are only here for the cards. And that's okay. Speaking of which, I really like this card. I love the symmetry with the perfectly aligned sentiment. What great pics too. That little boy should be in some sort of "summer across America" photo diary or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you are great, just as you are! Don't change a thing! It's nice to know that we all have normal lives that are filled with ups and downs. I am pleased you are keeping us updated on Muriel, as I pray for her daily. I am amazed you could complete all those challenge cards with so much going on....and to do it so well! Love the photo of your son, he does have very striking eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep sharing from your heart, Am. Those who are integrated are the most healthy. Tell that to the WW gals!

    I like the simplicity of your card. Have fun at CHA! You need some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No need to apologize, Amy!! If people can't understand that is their own problem. The rest of us are here and not going anywhere! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ladybug card is so pretty! I love the papers.

    Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy!
    I really like that idea with the oval on the outside of the scallop, very clever - have to use that sometime. As for your blog being a downer, I think it is nice to hear about what is going on in each others lives. Isn't that what blogging is for? to share a little a bit about yourself? And you have said it before, you wear your heart on your sleeve, hence the name "Heartfelt Greetings," your emotions are clearly displayed in your work, and that is exactly what we like about you :-) Keep smiling; I've noticed that the more I make a concerted effort to smile (even in difficult times), the better I feel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card and you are right your son is very photogenic. Love that picture of him!!!

    Sorry about Muriel, and I hope she gets better soon. I wear my heart on my sleeves as well, so don't feel like you are the only one. Life is about experiences, some are good and some are not so good, and sounds like that is what you and Muriel and your family is going through right now, the not so good experience. Keep positive, that is what you can do at times like this. Have you ever seen the movie Secret? Please watch it, you will really enjoy it. I recommend it to everyone, it has changed my perspective on life.

    Hugs to you,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy, Amy, Amy! Please don't apologize for being a "downer" ... wearing your heart on your sleeve makes your blog warm and genuine. And most important, wearing your heart on your sleeve along with your faith is exactly what God intends you to do. You are serving a purpose, touching someone's life in just the right way, simply by sharing the God's girl that you are. So please don't apologize! When I posted yesterday about missing your fun spirit, it was in no way intended as a criticism. My heart aches for you -- we've all been where you are at some point in our lives -- just keep being who you are and don't change a thing, OK?

    Sending you big cyber {{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just LOVE that card! The papers, the layout! EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your lady bug card is just the cutest! I'm sure your friend will love it. As far as your content...keep posting what is in your heart...it is what makes you - you and it is why I ready your blog every day.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Amy, nominated for Rockin' Blogger Girl. Pass it on and nominate 5 of your fav. blogs....(I realize not everyone has time to do this, but I wanted to nominate you all the same) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:22 PM

    Hi Amy! Love the card -- so bright and cheery. And I want you to know, your blog is in NO way a downer . . . this is life and one of the things I really love about your blog is the connection you've established with your readers -- I feel like I know you, not just your art, but you! Big, BIG hugs to you! Muriel and all your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card. The colors are so vibrant! Hey, I love the fact that you "wear your heart on your sleeve!" It is one of the things that makes you and your blog so endearing to us. I didn't have time to look at many blogs this evening but I came to yours to specifically check on Muriel. I believe this particular blog community not only shares creative ideas but friendships, as well and what kind of friends would we all be if we didn't care about big things (good or bad) going on in each others lives. Please know that you all continue in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Graet card and great picture.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love your wire antennae and the bright cool caribbean ladybug! I'm so glad that you're blog is 100% all you. I love to hear what's going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin