Tuesday, July 24, 2007



My SIL is a lover of all shades blue and green. When I was visiting her in VA in April, she picked this paper out and wanted me to make some cards with it. I finally got around to using it a few weeks ago when I actually had some time on my hands that wasn't being monopolized by something else (I'm sure you know what that's like)!

I can't remember who makes the paper, do any of you? I matted it with Very Vanilla cardstock and then adhered it to a piece of Old Olive cardstock.

The main sentiment was first stamped onto a Very Vanilla scalloped oval. It's from Penny Black. Then I stamped the main flower from Petal Prints in Ballet Blue and then stamped the flower outline in Old Olive. I rubbed Ranger Ink in Tea Stain all over the scallop to distress.

Since I don't have either the smaller or larger scallop punch, I cut out an over just slightly larger than my scallop and matted it using that. I really like this look! Saves me a little money by not having to buy every Marvy punch known to man. I just don't have the money or the space! I used my slot punch to punch a slot on each end of the scallop to weave a green polka dot ribbon through. The sentiment is adhered to the card using dimensional tape.

It was a really easy card to make. I used this layout a few weeks ago on a card I showed on my blog. If you need to get stuff pumped out fast, this is a great layout to use!

Today will be spent working on a freelance project whose start date got moved up. My plan is also to get my submissions emailed to Cards for their December publication. I think I'm going to submit a total of 10 cards all at once. I hope they pick at least one!!!!! Muriel's surgery went well yesterday. They still did not take her whole sternum out but ended up taking alot more bone and tissue out that had died. The wound is now closed and we have to hope her kidney's respond favorably to that. Apparently all the internal organs work better in a vacuum, so they are hopeful by doing this everything will start working better.

I was so happy to pick up Eldest Son last night from camp!!!!!! He was thrilled to be back home and with his family (I know, what a shocker!). I took him for a burger at Burger King and then forced him to take a shower since he looked like pigpen. I am slightly afraid to open his dufflebag to start washing his clothes. He was supposed to wash his clothes last weekend (and he said he did), but I'm skeptical. I'll know for sure if my hunches are right the minute I open the bag!!

Hugs,
Amy

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are an early bird like me! I like reading your posts each morning.

    That paper would make some great masculine cards as well. Your SIL has good taste.

    Take courage and get that laundry in some HOT water! Having him shake it out outside before you put it in your washer might be a good idea too! That is SCARY territory!

    Glad Muriel survived surgery and that there's hope. Happy creating this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:59 AM

    Amy, the card looks great. Love the flower behind the sentiment! Glad your son is back! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the colors and how you did the flower, will have to try that. Glad to hear the surgery went well, hopefull your MIL will be doing much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:34 AM

    I would never have thought of what you did with the scallop and plain oval. That is a must try. Always looking for new and fresh ideas especially that save money. I've been less happy with my scallop punch, but now have a new way to use it. Many thanks. Best to Muriel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card!!! It's simple, but really packs a punch. I think I might steal your lay out for some cards I am getting together for my MIL,s shop (of course I will give credit where Credit is due) :)

    Love your blog and it inspires me each day to be creative.

    www.analteredheart.blogspot.com
    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, great layout...LOVE the colors (looks a bit like some K*OlOGY paper I had at one time...)

    I am so pleased to hear about Muriel...I will continue to pray for her and your family.

    Glad your son is home safe and sound too...even if he did bring you a stanky present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant card! The flower behind the sentiment if fabulous! I, also, like your "answer" to matting your scalloped punch image. I have been using my Magic Matter disc set to mat those scallops that I do not have the next size for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these colors and the way you stamped the flower with the sentiment! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:03 AM

    Beautiful card. The coluzzle ovals are also a good match to the scallop punches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE this card, Amy! Oh my! Love how the sentiment is over top of the flower! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin