Monday, July 02, 2007

Mellow Mondays

I think Mondays are my day to recupe after 3 feature days in a row. It doesn't seem like hard work, but it is! I relish Monday coming along so I can just post whatever I want! With that in mind, I've decided to take the summer off in terms of blogging specific "features" each week. Everyday now will just be a "normal" day where I post whatever I've made that day. Especially with the boys home for the summer and my MIL being sick, it's hard getting anything stamped, let alone feeling the pressure of having to make something specific. I hope that's cool with all of you! Once school starts up, all the features will be back, so they are only gone temporarily! Let's just say they've decided to take a summer vacation! Woo-hoo!

Our weekend was full of fun stuff. Friday night the hubster and I went to see Knocked Up with Katherine Heigl and Seth Rogen. It was OK, but for sure not a favorite for me. The hubster loved it. Even though it was a story about getting "knocked up", there was TONS of guy humor in it, which kept hubby howling hysterically. I thought there were way too many f-bombs, which distracted me from the rest of the movie! Totally not necessary.

Saturday afternoon, Eldest Son had to march in a parade, so we went and watched him do that. It was really close to home, which is great. I took a few pictures to show you his band, which during the school year is 350 strong!



For dinner Saturday night, we grilled halibut steaks on the grill, which were OMG delicious! Here's our little table setting just before we sat down to eat on the deck. Wanted to share the experience with all of you, so I snatched up my camera and shot away! The weather was picture perfect this weekend, so we needed to take the opportunity to enjoy it, which we did!



Sunday afternoon I had a chance to stamp some cards, yippee! And I was stamping for my sales stash, which is so pitifully low it drives me crazy! So it felt great to get some of that done! Last night we had dinner with the hubster's dad and sister before she left to go back to Virginia this morning. Since Muriel is not home yet and still in the hospital, there is nothing much for her to do. She'll end up coming back in a few weeks, once she hears her Mom can come home. Muriel is getting slightly stronger every day. She is being stubborn and not doing her breathing exercises much. The bad news is she won't be able to leave until she gets moving on that part of her therapy. Keep the prayers coming!

Today's card is one that I made for an upcoming card class I'll be teaching.


I kept the cards really simple, as no one likes to be stuck in a stamp class when it's super gorgeous outside. So the cards are super easy and quick! All the cards are made with WR Memory Keepers new Precious Metal papers. This pattern is called Brillance. I love the colors! So bright and cheerful! The stamps are from Technique Tuesday and are from a set called Petal Pushers. I punched out a scalloped oval and then stamped around the edges with the flower and vines using Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Olive, Burnt Sienna and Yellow Ochre. The sentiment is new from Penny Black and was stamped in a Metallic Silver. It's too bad you can't see it better. I think I need to get a better metallic inkpad. Does anyone have a good recommendation? Let me know! I used my horizontal slot punch at each end of the scallop to weave some ribbon through, which I secured with brushed nickle brads. Super-duper easy!

I'll leave you this morning with this hysterical picture of one of the llama's in Saturday's parade! It's groomed like a poodle and TOTALLY reminded me of my little poodle, which is the same color! Look at that bushy head!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:57 AM

    I'm so glad you're taking a break this summer, Amy, you deserve it! Love your table setting; I never go all out like that for my DH and I, and I should. Thanks for the reminder. So glad to hear Muriel is getting a bit stronger every day! Going to try your Sunday challenge card today, and will post later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks like a fancy outdoor cafe! When we eat outside it's paper plates and plastic forks! LOL! PArade looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looks so inviting!!Ahhhhh ;0)

    That lama is adorable!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed you have the discipline to do all those features every week. I don't do features because I know it will just stress me out! I'm glad you're taking a break. This hobby should be fun!!! Love today's card - that sentiment is great! And how cool is that fluffy llama? He totally made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Thanks for the tip about stamping around the scalloped oval. I can play with that. Tell Muriel that the breathing stuff isn't the most fun, but it sure will get you home faster. Been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your card....just beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing all the pictures and stories! I so enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok that Llama looks totally like my dog when we get her back from the groomers! LOL! Cool pics of your son's marching band. My daughter plays clarinet in a marching band too, they are so fun to go and listen to. Love the simplicity of your layout for your class. Elegant and stunning at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your site a couple days ago and I love it! My creative juices were dry and ever since I found your blog, I have so many ideas I can't wait to make cards again!

    Keep up the good work and have fun during your summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Oh Amy...you know you have one of the best blogs out there! I love having a daily feature, but I do like having a day or two off too...(that is why my Mondays are "freebies" so I can post whatever). Your weekend sounds like a blast...looks like it was great weather too. I love your card (no tips for good metalic inks...as I don't have any myself) and that Llama...hysterical!!!

    Tell your MIL to BREATH using that thing or she will get REALLY sick...I know...(I was stubborn at one time too.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:25 PM

    lol...just FYI...that's an alpaca;-)
    oooh, I said the 'A' word!!
    cute, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:51 AM

    I'm glad for you that you're giving yourself a break - you have way too much going on. You don't need to make your life any more demanding than it already is...life is too short.

    Nice table setting and btw halibut is my fish of choice so I'm drooling.

    I want a llama. I'm sure my cat would understand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dinner table looks like something out of Better Homes & Gardens. Beautiful! And that llama totally cracked me up. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin