Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm Home from CHA!





Ahhhhhhh. I just love getting home after a long weekend away. I'm such a homebody. But I have to say, CHA was fantabuloso! I am so thankful I had a chance to attend this amazing trade show. It's like a dream come true.....waking up and discovering that there really are crafts in heaven!!!! Yippee!

I was just too busy yesterday to get a post in, so sorry peeps. It was a day spent walking around CHA which was followed by an evening hanging out with all of the amazing ladies who fill our computers with love everyday....Sarah M., Sarah V., Taylor, Melissa, Martha, Nicole H., Julie B., Lisa J., etc, etc. This is all of us last night at Gino's East in Chicago, a delish pizzeria. I'm the fat one at the end of the table closest to the camera. Ugh. I have got to lose some weight. Anyway, there were nearly 20 of us there, and we had a great time. It was wonderful getting to put a face/body with an online persona! Thanks Sarah for setting it up and allowing us all to meet in person!

One of my favorite peeps to meet at CHA was Sarah Vrolyk of Kindred Spirits. She is the sweetest woman ever. If I would have had the chance, I could have talked one-on-one with Sarah all night long. But we really didn't have that opportunity as we were sitting across the table from each other and it was noisy! But Sarah, if you're reading this--I'm thankful I met you! If we lived near each other, I think we would be great buds! I was teasing her a bit about how I thought it appeared on her blog that she had the most perfect little boys since she never wrote anything bad about them! She tried to assure me they had their moments, but I'm skeptical.....she's probably a great mom and is raising great boys!

I also had a chance to meet for the first time my Craft Critique compatriots: Sarah Moore, Melissa Norris, Donna Lannerd, and Martha Bonneau.
This is Martha and me. Martha and I discovered a little something about ourselves last night...we both admitted that we are introverts by nature. But when we create our masterpieces (!), we tend to be drawn and attracted to bright, cheerful, loud, happy colors! We think that's because using these colors in our artwork helps us express ourselves in a way we are unable to because of our introvertedness. Very interesting deduction...don't ya think? I think it's right on the money sistah! It was great meeting you Martha!

This is me and Melissa....isn't she just adorable? She's a little firecracker!

Before I sign off for the night, here a few more of my favorite things from CHA...






This is the STUNNING new designer paper by Webster's Pages. It was my absolute favorite paper at CHA! Please click on the link and take yourself to their website. Once you're there you can immerse yourself in the stunning beauty of these papers designed by Terri Conrad. I had a chance to talk with this bubbly, warm caring woman about her new line. What a genuine, down to earth lady. She let me take some sheets of paper home with me, so you'll be seeing some fun stuff with it on my blog in the next few weeks!

New paper by Prisma (yes, the flower people!). This paper is called Printables, and it's designed for you to PAINT ON! They were stunning!

Prisma didn't shortchange us in the flower catagory either! Their Belle Fluer line was so elegant looking....




This is a 12x12 piece of embossed chipboard from Prisma (in it's unfinished state)....


and here it is finished.....Wow!!!!




In the stamp category, I was MOST impressed some stamps by a company called Inque Boutique (above photo is a scrap page made using their stamps)...according to many, they are "fun, flirty, fashionable"! And I couldn't agree more! Their stamps are unmounted rubber with cling backs in fun colors like lime green and hot pink! Each stamp has the design printed on the opposite side (the cling side) so you can see what the stamped image is through the acrylic block! Very cool! I can see many of these stamps in my future! I am having trouble finding their website (I'm getting an error message), so once I get it figured out, I'll post it here.

Well, I think I need to sign off. I've got to go finish packing for my youngest son's trip to camp. He leaves tomorrow morning! I'm going to miss him. Not enough time with him today:(!!!!!!!

Hugs to you all,
Amy

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about your wonderful experience. I'm very jealous of the time you had with all those bloggals at Gino's! What FUN!! I think your deduction about expressing yourself through paper is bang on, and I'm glad you have found an outlet so that the world knows the true you. Good to know you're home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! Those stamps are amazing!!!!! i feel like preordering them now.. all of them +smile+. The website works at least now http://www.goinque.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could of met you....glad you had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the neat photos of your trip. So fun to meet people you've only seen online. That new embossed chipboard by Prima is great - and I love those new stamps (your last photo) - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, the July 19 post on my blog has a link to Inque Botique. I'd try to add it here, but know I would mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous, Jealous, Jealous! Looks like you had a blast...what fun meeting people who you "sorta" know huh? I just love the pretty paper and the cool acrylic stamps...Yippie...more new stuff!

    Glad you are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun times for all...including us peeps! Thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:40 AM

    Thanks for the peak at new products. I checked out the stamps at Inque Botique. They are indeed awesome. Now to find someplace near that carries them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The stamps are awesome. I have several See D's sets and they are so easy to use!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was wonderful meeting you too! Thanks so much for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:30 AM

    I found your blog via the Craft Critique blog. I really enjoyed your report on the CHA. It's something I never even knew existed 6 months ago when I started checking out all the stamping and scrapbooking blogs. I can only imagine how much fun it must be for you to have attended.
    But one line in your entry stood out to me - the comment about how you were the "fat" one in the picture. I just wanted to let you know that when I first saw that picture I didn't think "Ugh - what a fatty". Rather I thought - wow she looks so happy with all those friends around her and she looks great. So I wanted to let you know that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.. you look great to the rest of us. And you're talented to boot!
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! I have GOT to have some of that 12x12 chipboard. Wonder just how much they will go for. Anyone know? Very cool.
    Thanks for sharing this Amy.
    Looks like you had a great time at CHA.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin