Friday, June 22, 2007

Flashback Friday!

Hey! It's one of your favorite days here at Heartfelt Greetings today. It's Flashback Friday, where I show you one of my "old" cards (I say it that way becuz I haven't been stamping all that long) and recreate it based on where I'm at today as far as skill level goes. I think just by looking at these two cards you can tell that one was made in the fall, and one was made in the summer! My tastes in color definitely changes with the season!

I made the flashback card last September when I was big time into tearing. You can also tell that my love affair with designer paper started early, as there are 4 different patterned papers included here! Of course, since I'm even a bigger patterned paper hog today, I had to stay with that original idea of using lots of paper!!

The stamp I used on the original card is by Paperbag Studios. I really love their selection and style of stamps, but images like this are difficult to get to stamp well. You can see I had a difficult time the first time around. You can barely see the little girl or the words! Since then, I've discovered Versafine Black Ink, which made the little girl image on my second rock!

I went with a black, red and white color theme for my new card. I've been using this color combination a lot lately, haven't I? I think I'm trying to be a good girl and use up my scraps! To add a little pizzaz, I used a red and white toile type patterned paper to mat the little girl image. I added a black ribbon loop at the top for fun. At this point, I thought I was done last night. I went to bed, but did so knowing I wasn't happy with the outcome of the card where it was at. It seemed a little boring to me. I didn't like that I added a sentiment below the little girl image on the first card, so I knew I didn't want to do the same thing on the new card. When I woke up this morning, I decided I needed to add something or I was going to be embarrassed showing it this morning on my blog. It didn't look much better than the old card!

So, I simply added some red cardstock horizontally across the card in a few places and added both a black and red button. This was just the right touch to finish the card off so I could share it with you today without cringing:)!!!

I've got some good news for those of you following my MIL's heart surgery. She is now basically "awake", although she still is pretty incoherent due to pain meds! The two diuretics they tried WORKED, and she never had to have the mini dialysis! And lastly, they've taken the breathing tube out! Woo-hoo! We are all so relieved she seems to be on the mend. At this point, they can begin having her sit up, getting her to walk, etc, etc. All parts of her rehabilitation can begin now that the problems seemed to have been solved. My hubby got to see her yesterday after work, so he's feeling better too. It was so rough on him. He's so close to his mom. I heard from my hubby this morning that she has received a few RAK's so far from my blogger friends....THANK YOU! My husband told me that it has restored his faith in humanity, that so many people that don't know his mom would consider sending her a card with get well wishes. Doesn't that make you feel good inside? You guys are the best!

Hugs!

12 comments:

  1. SO glad to hear the news about your MIL! Sometimes people respond differently to major surgery than anticipated, and it's great to know that those in medicine were not surprised by what transpired. What's even better is to know that our Lord was not surprised either! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news about your MIL...hope the recovery continues to go well.

    Your first card is so funny...I thought there was something wrong with my monitor because the color was so muted...I thought, "this can't be right? Amy...the color queen didn't make a dull, drab card did she?" Yup...that first one was fun to see...look at how far you have come! Amazing. I love the bright cripsness of the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Flashback Friday! It's my favorite. I've had some doozies myself. Thanks for sharing how much your talent and technique has grown - it's great! Thanks, too, for the good news about your MIL. Hope she continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Flashback Fridays, these cards are great. Also great is the wonderful news about your MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Good to hear the news of your MIL. Love this Flashback Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a difference between then and now! Not that then was so bad, but now is just way better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One more question: have you heard anything from your doctor about your thyroid test? i was just thinking, you may be fighting without knowing your true enemy at WW if you don't have the full story on that. Regardless, keep walking and drinking! I'm trying to walk 2 miles each day, and it's nice to know someone else is trying too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun redo, Amy! I have such a hard time with these artsy type images, but you make them ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:44 PM

    Ya know, it's hard to go wrong with Paperbag Studio stamps. What incredible artwork this woman produces! However, I really love what you did with the new "take" of your old card. Wonderful color and pattern combos! Inspirational!!!

    thanks,
    barb hendrickson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy! I'm new to reading your blog and I love your Flashback Friday concept! Also, I'm glad to hear that your MIL is doing better. That's a praise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your mil is doing better.

    I love the red, black and white you have been using.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear the good news of your MIL! I admire you for being there to keep your hubby strong too. I can understand how exhausting things like that can be sometimes.

    Love the red and black on your card! Have you thought about send 'I'm Sorry' cards to those you have send these 'Flashback Friday' cards too? LOL Just teasing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin