Saturday, March 17, 2007

Scrap Stash Saturday!

Today's the day I show you the card I made using just scraps of designer paper! This is such a fun challenge and it's a resourceful and responsible one too. It's important to use what we have on hand first, before we buy anything else, right? Yeah, right. I can pretend all I want that I won't buy anything until my current stash is gone, but we all know that the next time I walk through my LSS a whole slew of new designer papers will jump RIGHT INTO my basket, uninvited, don't we? It's a travesty I tell you.
*
Anyways, when I started this card yesterday afternoon, these are the pieces I took out of my scrap stash to work with. I'm sure just looking at all the different patterns is making some of you reading this hyperventilate. But RELAX, it's ok to mix and match patterns. I know conventional wisdom says not to do that, but why do we have to box our creative energies in like that? Who cares what "conventional wisdom" says...AMY says it's OK!!!!! Woo-hoo! You have been freed from society's conforms and been given the green light to break out and LIVE on the wild side for a minute or two! To me, these papers energize me, they give me little goosebumps...just looking at them together I can imagine how pretty the card can be when it's finished! To be honest, I didn't use every single piece in this grouping. There was just no room on the card for the flower pattern on the upper left side of the picture or the orange polka dot paper right on top of it. But if I could've included them, you know I would've included them!!!! That's the kind of crazy girl I am! This mentality won't win me many awards in the stamping world (where plain and simple is IN), but, that's life. I just feel that I have to design what makes me happy. That's the only way I'll find enjoyment in this hobby.
*
Here is the final result of all these wild and crazy papers put together! I'm sorry the photo isn't that great....the colors were not that cooperative in the morning sunshine.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The birthday sentiment and the "photo corners" are from my new Green Grass Stamps collection (I LOVE the corner stamps, they rock!), and the cupcake was in the $1 bin at Joann's. If you look closely, the green paper is the first layer, the paisly paper is the second layer, the brown polka dot paper is the "matt" for the cupcake image, and the orange polka dot paper is what the sentiment is stamped on. Now it's your turn to dig into your scrap stash and create a masterpiece that makes YOU happy! Remember to share with me if you do make something!


2 comments:

  1. Amy, I have been enjoying your site for a little while now, and thought it was about time to tell you so! I love the colours and patterns you use--I find your designs bold, daring, (very inspiring!) and beautiful! Good job, great blog!

    ps You're also helping me to break my habit of only using SU! supplies, there is so much else out there (but I do love it so...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy combinations! You are really good at combining elements, Amy!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin