Monday, February 05, 2007

Fabulous Flowers

This card was inspired by Jeanne S. over at SCS (thanks Jeanne!). She uploaded her card last week and I knew I

had to recreate it with a new flower stamp I purchased a few months ago! The flower is one of the new Hero Art stamps recently released, and the "stem" of the flower is a Rhonna Farrer flourish stamp I bought way back. I thought it would make a perfect stem! To bring life to the flowerhead, I painted each petal with my aqua painter and Old Olive, Rose Red, Elegant Eggplant, and More Mustard inks. I hand doodled on the stem a little bit to give it more "wow"! The flower was mounted on Elegant Eggplant and then the whole panel was mounted onto Old Olive cardstock that had first been stamped with the Print Pattern BG. Isn't this just the prettiest little flowers ever???? I don't know why, but looking at this flower makes me feel really happy. And if something this little can make us feel happy, that's a good thing, right?
On a separate note, make sure you visit Heartfelt Greetings tomorrow for the launch of yet another new feature....
....until then, have a great day--stamp the day away!

9 comments:

  1. I just love this card... I've been looking at that stamp set - I think Technique Tuesday has a similar on too. Now I think I'll have to order it!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Amy!!! Stunning for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're feeling better Amy. Can't wait to see your new feature. I'm loving the revamped blog!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a lovely card, i must say.... its just so artistic and creative... i found your blog pretty interesting and nicely designed... u can sometimes drop by My Blog as well and have a glimpse of something u may find interesting...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a bright and cheerful card, makes me happy just looking at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:40 PM

    Oh wow! I love this!! Such a fabulous idea to use the flourish as a stem -- gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy,
    This card made me buy that flower stamp today! I was wondering, where can I buy one of those Rhonna Farrer flourish stamps? Do you know of an online place to get one? Thanks!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin