Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Great Graduation

Speaking from first hand knowledge, graduation is right around the corner (my eldest graduates this year!). It's time to start thinking about getting a bunch of cards made up for my son's friends, as well as to sell to my customers.

I didn't want all the cards I made to be "school-color-oriented", so I dug around my scrap drawer to find some papers that were sophisticated enough for both high schoolers AND college graduates. Don't get me wrong, I make lots of graduation cards using school colors. But I didn't want ALL of mine to be that way.

I love how this turned out. First off, it was simple, and can easily be mass produced. Secondly, it's a card that can easily be adapted (by using the appropriate designer paper) for either a guy or a girl. This card is obviously geared toward a woman;).

The stamp set is from SU!, the '09 are rub-ons, and the ribbon is from SU! as well. Once again, I'm blanking on the paper. I need to get better at remembering my paper lines!

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Amy

p.s. don't forget to get those taxes in the mail!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love your card and the colors you used. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    I love this card sketch for graduations. I bought this set this year and am excited about using it in many different forms. Appreciate you sharing.

    blessings~

    barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:52 PM

    This card is great Amy! I have been away from blogger land for soo long now, I finally have some time to catch up on what's going on in all my peeps lives :) Glad to hear that your job is going well......your mother looks amazing!! She definitely does not look 75 :0) Keeping you in my thoughts {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic grad card! Love the glittery word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, this card is fabulous! I love the clean lines and how easily it can be changed for M/F!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:41 AM

    Could you explain how you made the grad sparkle?And how you got it to show up on the black paper?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. guess who reads your blog?

    http://jbalcer.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2009/05/09/playing-favorites/

    just thought you'd like to know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Graduation Card, great sketch.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Alex from England x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin