Sunday, April 13, 2008

Make A Card For Mom Sketch Challenge



Let's make today all about our Mom, OK? How about we all sit down, think about how much our Mom means to us, and then create a card especially for her for Mother's Day? To make it extra easy for you, I've drawn a sketch to get you started. Is your Mom no longer with us? Then make a Mother's Day card for some other special woman in your life!

To ensure you're extra motivated to get started, make sure you use your most favorite paper in the whole wide world--it's probably the stuff you've been stashing away not wanting to "waste" because you love it so much. Who better than Mom to use it on? Seriously, is she not worth it?

Take out your inspiration papers (I used 3 different patterns on my card) and set it down in front of you. Next, find pieces of coordinating cardstock to match your inspiration papers. Keep on going until you have everything you need sitting right there in front of you.....coordinating ribbon, flowers, brads, markers, etc. Don't forget to have today's sketch sitting in front of you too!

Once all your elements are gathered in one place, you're ready to go! Think for a minute which paper is going to go where on your card. Don't be afraid to pull out all the stops on your Mother's Day card! She deserves it! No shortcuts on this card peeps!

Ready to see what I made for my Mom? Well, I, of course, had to use my K&Company Berry Sweet papers, because you know it's my very favorite paper these days! When I use this stuff, the creative juices just FLOW! Why? Because it INSPIRES me! That's why I asked you to use your very favorite paper today!! You need to use some paper that really gets your juices flowin' peeps!

If you want to play along with today's Make A Card for Mom sketch challenge, upload it to SCS with this code: MACFMSC. You have until end of day Monday to get your card done and uploaded. I'll pick a winner and announce it Tuesday evening sometime! So, what can you win? A $15 gift certificate to Verve Visual, that's what! Yeppers--cold hard cash to buy some of Verve's amazing stamps! Yippee!!!

So, don't forget, upload your card by midnight Monday 4/14 to be in the running to win the Verve Visual certificate! I can't wait to see all your fabulous cards!!!

Hugs,
Amy

5 comments:

  1. Amy, this card is for my Mum. I hope you like it and that she does too.

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/882636?cat=500&ppuser=132530

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I've got to find that line of paper! It truly is yummy! Did you ever find out what happened to your card on SCS?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love that paper - have to get myself some - the colors are unbelievable! What fun it must be to work with! Cute card!
    Valerine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, thank you so much. I needed to get my Mother's Day cardss done, and this was the push I needed. Here is mine: http://jenniferlynndesigns.blogspot.com/2008/04/mothers-day-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sketch, Amy! I needed it because I always drag my feet on making those really special cards like for Mother's Day-- I think they have to be just perfect, so I end up waiting for that perfect idea which never comes. This helped me to just get one done -- and with a great sketch.

    This card is actually for my M-I-L, who adores birds. Since she is very much an earth tone color woman, the colors I chose aren't the traditional Mother's Day card colors.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/883879?cat=500&ppuser=126426

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin